HERE IS HOW IT WILL WORK:
1.The tournament will have 16 teams; each team will have 12 players (8 on the field and 4 subs). As of now, we have 24+ teams opened; the first 16 teams to get full and be completely paid will take part in the tournament. If you join a team that does not get full, and you already paid, you will be refunded. If your team does not get full, you also have the option of combining incomplete teams. For example if the Caribbean and Central America teams are not complete, then you can join them and form a "Unified Central America + Caribbean" team. There are always options to unify teams; we all want to play so let's make it happen!
2. We currently have several countries open for registration. In addition, we included continental teams i.e. Europe, Asia, etc. You may register for any country or Continent (you don't have to be a citizen of that country to play for that team).
3. If your country is not listed, and you have at least 5 other committed players for your team, please contact Aia so she can open up your country for registration.
4. Each team must have a captain. Please volunteer to lead your country/continent/team (first come first serve). The captain will organize their team and take home the trophy. The team captain must have the time to encourage, motivate, and communicate with their team. The players of the team have the right to ask for a change of captain. If the majority of the team asks for a change of captain, we will address the issue.
REGISTRATION, PAYMENT AND REFUNDS:
1. To register CLICK HERE-http://www.meetup.com... to see a list of all the teams available. Click on your team and RSVP for that team. All Players MUST be at least 18 years old.
2. Each player is asked to pay $47 dollars to finalize the registration process. If the fee is not paid in 1 week after payment is requested, the player will be taken off the list and the next player on the waiting list will be offered the spot. This policy is to assure that every player taking up a spot is fully committed to the team. The fee is going towards permits, soccer balls, equipment, trophies, medals, referees, site administration and meetup fees.
3. If you will not be able to participate, you must change your RSVP to “NO” by April 3rd, in order to receive a refund. This policy is to ensure that your team has enough time to find your replacement.
TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE AND FORMAT:
1. Once all teams are formed we will issue the final tournament schedule (if your team lacks players by that time, it will be closed or, if players prefer, teams will be combined). The tournament will start on April 23nd.
2. The objective is to mimic the FIFA world cup. Therefore, there will be 4 groups (Group A, B, C and D). Each group will have 4 teams. All teams will play 3 first-round elimination games.
3. All games will be played on Sunday any time from 8am to 12noon.
1. Sportsmanship is a must. Good conduct will be expected from everyone both inside the field and outside of the field.
2. The game will have 2 - 25 minute halves.
3. All Matches are consecutive. Therefore, no delaying the next match.
4. The games will be 8vs8 (including the goalkeeper).
5. EVERYONE will have the same amount of playtime. Therefore, every 5 minutes there will be a mandated substitution. The game will not be stopped for substitutions; players must leave the field before another player can jump in the game. Goalkeepers are excluded from this rule.
6. Each game will be overseen by 1 experienced referee. The referee’s word is FINAL and players must respect his decision. Only team Captains may address the referee with any issue.
7. If a player receives a yellow card in two consecutive games, he/she will be automatically suspended for one game.
8. If a player receives a red card, he/she will be automatically suspended for one game.
9. Sliding and tackling are NOT allowed. Inappropriate conduct will be dealt with seriously. We ask everyone to be responsible and conduct themselves in a proper manner representative of the beautiful game.
10. We’ll play with corner kicks and throw-ins.
11. The games will start at the scheduled time. If the minimum amounts of players (8 players) are not present on the field, that team will automatically forfeit the game.
12.There will be no offisides rule since the field is not a regulation field.
GEAR AND UNIFORMS:
1.We will be playing on artificial turf. Therefore, cleats are NOT allowed. You must use turf shoes, indoor shoes or sneakers.
2.Uniforms are not required. However, players must wear the same color t-shirt.
3.All teams are required to have two t-shirt color options.
4.Shin guards are required.
We encourage suggestions and exchange of ideas from all members. If you have any questions contact Aia (E-mail Aia) or myself.
Let's make this an awesome tournament!!
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
JOINING AND SIGNING UP FOR NYC WORLD CUP ACTIVITIES AGREEMENT:
I certify that I have no known medical or other conditions that could interfere with my participation in NYC WORLD CUP activities. I also understand and accept that the practice of soccer, both indoor and outdoor, involves certain risks of physical injury. Therefore, I, individually, hereby release and discharge, NYC WORLD CUP Organizer and Assistant Organizers from any and all claims, actions, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses of any kind whatsoever, including but not limited to any claims of negligence, arising out of, resulting from, by reason of, or in connection with my participation in any of NYC WORLD CUP programs or activities. NYC WORLD CUP Organizer and its Assistant Organizers reserve the right to take and utilize photographs, video, or any type of recording of participating person while engaged in our or associated activities. I consent to NYC WORLD CUP use the photograph, video, or recording of me, for advertising, promotional, or related purposes, and waive all rights to compensation and other rights which may arise as a result.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About NYC WORLD CUP||April 25, 2014 1:47 PM||Paul|