Hello World Citizens,
NYC WORLD Tournament 2016!!
How do I join the tournament?
There are 3 ways to join the tournament:
1. First way to join is by clicking on any of the links below and join the listed team (if the team does not have a captain, you can become the captain. Please e-mail Aia to become a captain. All teams must have a captain. If you don't see your country email Aia and she will open the team.
UNITED NATIONS (FULL) (OFFICIAL)
SWITZERLAND (FULL) (OFFICIAL)
NETHERLANDS (FULL) (OFFICIAL)
UNITED STATES (1 Spot Open) (OFFICIAL)
VENEZUELA (FULL) (OFFICIAL)
VATICAN CITY (FULL) (OFFICIAL)
ENGLAND (2 Spots Open) (OFFICIAL)
CROATIA (2 Spots Open) (OFFICIAL)
PUERTO RICO (FULL) (OFFICIAL)
TUVALU (FULL) (OFFICIAL)
VANUATU (FULL) (OFFICIAL)
2. The second way to join is as an individual player. To join as an individual player please rsvp on this page and we will place you on a team. If you would like to be placed with a friend on the same team, please let us know. We will try to accommodate everyone :)
3. The third way to join is as a team. If you would like to register your team please contact Aia or Paul for a special team discount. Thank you!
How will the tournament work?
- We are looking to register 16 or 24 or 30 teams.
- Once teams are registered, we will have a team draw to create groups.
- The first round consists of 3 games.
- The top 2 teams in each group will make it to the knockout round (sudden elimination round)
What's the cost and what is the refund policy?
- $47 dollars for individual players. If you join as an individual player, we will place you on a team.
- If you have a team already please contact us for our special reduced team fee.
- The deadline to receive a refund is July 1st.
- 3 first round games (half of the teams will move to the next round).
- Hired referees
- Permit fees
- FIFA match balls
-League and website administration
- Trophies and metals for first and second place winners
When do we play?
See schedule on this link: SCHEDULE
Where will we play?
Riverside Park & 103d St, New York, NY, New York, NY
What are the rules and level of play?
- 7vs7 (includes the goalkeeper)
- Co-ed.(no minimum women required on the field)
-Full size goals.
- Two 30 minute halves.
- Level is intermediate to advance. If you played at a college level, you would be considered Advanced.
- No sliding. You must wear turf shoes or running shoes. NO CLEATS ALLOWED. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY WITH CLEATS OF ANY TYPE. YOU MUST WEAR TURF OR RUNNING SHOES.
- For the full set of rules follow this link: RULES
Here are some pics of our NYC WORLD CUP 2010 final between United Nations and Colombia: NYCWC 2010 Final Pics
** PLEASE NOTE: You cannot RSVP until you have paid here via PayPal. Once the tournament is full, we will open up a waiting list for those that didn't get a chance to register.**