Hey NY Oyster Lovers! To kick off the summer, we are going to re-live one of the first (and most epic) Oyster Lovers Meetup experiences ever organized with a trip to Blue Island Oyster Farm in Long Island, NY.
Only 50 miles east of Manhattan, Blue Island Oyster Farm offers a tour full of adventure and fun on the beautiful Great South Bay. Enjoy an afternoon in nature, with gorgeous views of the Fire Island Lighthouse. There is no other place quite like it, anywhere: warm sunshine, salty fresh air, and breathtaking vistas.
Our exclusive NY Oyster Lovers tour (capped to 16 members) includes the following and lasts approximately 3 hours:
- A traditional New England lobster roll picnic lunch with dessert.
- Enjoy lots of farm fresh Blue Island oysters and raw clams.
- Guided kayak eco-tour around our oyster farm, the surrounding back meadows and wilderness. No kayaking experience required.
- Enjoy complimentary cold, crisp beer provided by our friends at Bluepoint Brewery! You can also BYOB.
- Learn about the history, biology & geography of oysters, as well as the tools and tactics of oyster farming and how our “Island Dock” and Oyster Farm works.
Meetup members are receiving a special discounted price of $80 (inclusive of tax, not gratuity) and complimentary beer from Bluepoint Brewery to boot. Normal tour cost is $100, not inclusive of tax or free beer! Just sayin' ...
HOW TO SIGN UP:
1) First, pay for the ticket: http://oyster.guru/blueislandtour (password: oysterlove) — this secures your spot.
2) After you complete the payment, RSVP "YES" to this Meetup for yourself and guests.
3) Complete the online waiver at http://oyster.guru/blueislandtourwaiver
You will be able to RSVP until Friday, June 25th, or until the tour is completely booked, whichever comes first. If the tour becomes sold out prior to Friday, June 25th, a waiting list will become available that you can sign up for to be notified if a spot opens up due to a cancellation.
You will be responsible for getting to Blue Island Oyster Farm at the pre-designated time of 5PM SHARP. Plan to arrive early to ensure that you do not arrive late, as that will hold up the rest of the group from having fun. Don't be that person.
If you're driving: set your GPS to 3500 E. Ocean Parkway Babylon, NY 11702 NOTE: There is an additional $8.00 cash parking fee per vehicle that must be paid at the toll booth when entering the parking lot. Parking is free for valid Empire Pass holders.
If you're taking the LIRR: get to the BABYLON STATION no later than 4:21PM as it still will take about 20 minutes to catch a Uber/Lyft to the meeting spot. You are responsible for purchasing your own train tickets to/from the city. Timetable: http://web.mta.info/lirr/Timetable/Branch2/BabylonBranch.pdf
WHAT TO BRING:
Blue Island Oyster Farm recommends:
- Sunglasses and/or hat
- Waterproof Camera or Phone Case
- Bathing Suit
- Photo ID
- Water Shoes
- A warm layer
We need 15 members to sign up for this tour to make it happen. If we cannot reach that number, the tour will be cancelled. So sign up early and tell your friends!!
All guests must be 12 years or older, unless previously authorized.
Transportation to 3500 E. Ocean Parkway Babylon, NY 11702 is the responsibility of the guests in attendance.
Gratuity is not included but greatly appreciated!
If seriously bad weather prevents this tour from happening, we will refund all tickets and announce a backup rain date.