NOTE: SEND PAYMENT IMMEDIATELY UPON RSVP'ING, PER OUR GROUP'S POLICY. SEE BELOW FOR HOW TO PAY. FAILURE TO SEND PAYMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC REMOVAL FROM RSVP LIST.
Hey NY Oyster Lovers! This is starting to become a tradition for our group: an awesome adventure to Blue Island Oyster Farm in Long Island, NY.
Only 50 miles east of Manhattan, Blue Island Oyster Farm offers a tour full of adventure and fun on the beautiful Great South Bay. Enjoy an afternoon in nature, with gorgeous views of the Fire Island Lighthouse. There is no other place quite like it, anywhere: warm sunshine, salty fresh air, and breathtaking vistas.
Our exclusive NY Oyster Lovers tour (capped to 16 members) includes the following and lasts approximately 4 hours:
- A traditional New England lobster roll picnic lunch with dessert.
- Enjoy lots of farm fresh Blue Island oysters and raw clams (more than last year).
- Guided kayak eco-tour around our oyster farm, the surrounding back meadows and wilderness. No kayaking experience required.
- Enjoy complimentary cold, crisp beer provided by our friends at Bluepoint Brewery! You can also BYOB.
- Learn about the history, biology & geography of oysters, as well as the tools and tactics of oyster farming and how our “Island Dock” and Oyster Farm works.
$130 which is inclusive of tax AND gratuity, double the amount of oysters (~ dozen per person), an extra hour at the farm, and complimentary beer from Bluepoint Brewery to boot. This "premium" version is usually not available to the public.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
1) To secure your spot, pay for your ticket: https://paypal.me/inahalfshell
2) After you complete the payment, RSVP "YES" to this Meetup for yourself and guests.
3) Complete the online waiver at http://oyster.guru/blueislandtourwaiver
You will be able to RSVP until Friday, August 2nd, 2019, or until the tour is completely booked, whichever comes first. If the tour becomes sold out prior to that day, a waiting list will become available that you can sign up for to be notified if a spot opens up due to a cancellation.
We need at least 10 members to sign up for this tour to make it happen. If we cannot reach that number, the tour will be cancelled. So sign up early and tell your friends!!
All guests must be 12 years or older, unless previously authorized.
Transportation to 3500 E. Ocean Parkway Babylon, NY 11702 is the responsibility of the guests in attendance.
Gratuity IS included.
If seriously bad weather prevents this tour from happening, we will refund all tickets and announce a backup rain date.