11 vs 11 full field game (or smaller sided games such as 8 v 8 depends on attendance) Friday for 2 hours. We play at Pier 40. All skill levels are welcome.
Note: For no-shows and offensive behaviors on the field we reserve the right to edit your RSVP and guest count. Playing quality pick up soccer in NYC should be almost zero cost so we want to ensure we have an environment to achieve that.
This is a CO-ED meetup and we welcome all players with beginner/intermediate/advanced skill levels. We offer friendly soccer every Friday with a fun group of players. RSVP below.
- 11 v 11 (or smaller sided games such as 8 v 8 depends on attendance)
- Cleats and turf shoes preferred. Pier 40 is a turf field.
- 2 teams play 3 quarters with water breaks in between.
- NO sliding allowed!
- Teams will be formed from players with RSVP, on a first come first served basis.
- Play fair, protect yourself and don't get injured. Sportsmanship is required.
- Rules are subject to change without notice.
- Pinnies will be provided to separate teams.
RSVP is Required! *No refund unless the event is canceled.
RSVP GUIDELINES. IMPORTANT:
- If you RSVP and don't show, we reserve the right to edit your RSVP/Guest count or a 4 weeks ban from this group.
- If you can't make it, then change your RSVP well BEFORE Thursday 9pm to give enough notice for anyone on the waitlist. Changing your RSVP after 9pm will not update the top 22 and will also mean a 4 weeks ban. Repeat offenders will be permanently banned
- It is your responsibility to check on Thursday after 9pm to see if you've made the top 22.
- If you're on the waitlist and have no intention of playing, please change your RSVP to NO to give others a chance.
- If you turn up late and the game has already started with even number of players, then you won't play until there's an open spot.
Absolutely no exceptions to these rules.
- No slide tackles.
- Respect your teammates and opponents.
- If you fight, you will be banned from the group, permanently.
- If you dribble more than you pass - you annoy everybody and will be banned from the group.
Being a pick up game, there are no permanent positions. If you've been playing forward for half the game and someone who's been playing the back line wants to play up front, give up your position and play some defense. If there's a need to rotate goalkeepers please take turn to stand in goal.
**INJURIES & DISCLAIMER**:
We have purchased insurance for the players per field permit requirement, however please note the disclaimer policy below:
Group Organizer(s) and Group Organization Assumes NO Risk Or individual Liability For Personal Injuries Incurred By Members/Players On The Field Or During Any Of Our Activities: Pick Up Games, Or Other Events. By Agreeing To Play, You Are In Receipt Of This Information, And Thereby Warrant That You Are In Good Health And Assume Personal Responsibility For ALL Physical And Accidental Risks Involved With Playing In Our Group, Including But Not Limited to Falls, Injuries, Contact With Other Players, and Field Conditions.