This group is based out of Nanaimo with hikes all over Vancouver island from North to south. We will also be posting overnight hikes, ski trips and snow showing adventures as winter settles in over Vancouver island.
This group is for 20-somethings and 30-somethings who love the outdoors and want to experience it with other like-minded people. All skill levels are welcome. Hikes will mostly be around Nanaimo and surrounding areas from mild to challenging and everything in between.
Laid-back group where you'll be sure to have fun and make like minded friends, all while staying in shape or getting in better shape. All while clearing your mind in the great outdoors.
*CODE OF CONDUCT*
Please read thru the code of conduct, you are responsible for your own well being. The group leaders are in no way are responsible for insuring you are prepared for the hike. I encourage you to message a group leader if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions.
1. Each Member is responsible for his/her own safety, emergency, and first aid kits.
2. Each Member must comply with all requirements of the event (gear, clothing, food, water, lighting, camping equipment etc.).
3. Each Member shall be respectful of the group and the event Organizers.
4. Each member must follow the trip itinerary or instructions of the Organizer. If a Member chooses to leave the hike they are responsible for finding there way back and notify the organizer when they arrive safely. If for any reason you get hurt on the hike the organizer will stay with you until help arrives. If you need to be transported back country rescue will be contacted to insure a safe decent or air transport.
5. Members may be asked to assist the Organizer during an event the Member shall comply with the best of his/her ability as long as there are comfortable in doing so.
6. Members must be willing to accept that conditions change (weather, risk, darkness, etc.), and be prepared to adapt or those changes to the best of his/her ability.
7. Members should familiarize themselves with trip ratings, challenges, and risk before joining a hike.
8. Members are not to take on events that are beyond their ability due to the risk of personal injury.
9. If you RSVP for an event and change your mind please let us know so we are not waiting on you.
10. Please notify us if you have any health ailments, epi-pen, or bee allergies as we need to know in case of injury!
11. Members may consume alcohol on an event in moderation, only where legally permitted, and after the conclusion of the event (hike, bike, kayak etc). A drink or two at the top for celebration is acceptable but you are responsible to insure you have the cognitive ability to descend the mountain! If you become unable to descend you must remain in place until your cognitive.
12. Illicit drug use is strictly not permitted!!
13. Smoking of any kind is not permitted!! The risk of fires is ever present, if you smoke we suggest patches or Gum for events.
13. When an Organizer is on another Organizer’s event they are participating as a Member, but may be asked to assist the event Organizer.
14. No form of harassment or abuse by any member or Organizer will be tolerated!! It will result in the immediate banning of a member or organizer depending on the severity. It could also result in being banned from Meetup altogether as well as legal proceedings against said member, organizer or members.
15. It is not our responsibility to arrange transportation. If you need a ride please insure you post a request to car pool.