addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Napa Valley Insight Meditation Message Board › New Year’s Retreat with Ayya Anandabodhi & Ayya Santacitta

New Year’s Retreat with Ayya Anandabodhi & Ayya Santacitta

Forrest H.
user 33431512
Group Organizer
Napa, CA
Dear Sangha,
I know that many of you (as I) were inspired by Ayya Anandabodhi & Ayya Santacitta’ recent visit to our Sangha. They have told me they were very moved by our group and would like to come back to visit us sometime next summer.
The nuns are leading a monastic mediation retreat at the Angela Center in Santa Rosa, from December 26 – January 4. This is an opportunity to end the year in a quiet, reflective environment, being guided in developing a heart of loving kindness and clarity to bring in the New Year.
If you are interested in attending you can get more information on how to register here: http://saranaloka.org/events/retreats-and-daylongs/#ny-retreat­
I am off to Spirit Rock this morning for a 10 day retreat. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving everyone! Remember that we are not meeting formally next week (calling up some of your dharma buddies and practicing together, however, is encouraged :-) ).
Our next meeting is on Tuesday December 3rd. We will be reading the third chapter of Arinna Weisman and Jean Smith’s book, “The Beginner’s Guide to Insight Meditation.” This chapter covers what is known in Theravada Buddhism as the five hindrances, or the traditional difficulties that arise in meditation practice. These difficulties are common to all human beings. A big part of mindfulness meditation is to learn about how these hindrances affect our practice and our life in order to become free from them.
I will try and post a link to the readings when I get back into town on Monday. In the meantime if you’d like to order a copy of the book, you can do so here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Beginners-Guide-Insight-Meditation/dp/086171671X­
With Metta-
Forrest