addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Naperville Freaks, Geeks, and Weirdos Message Board › RPG Days at Fair Game!

RPG Days at Fair Game!

Sarah
user 47838212
Willowbrook, IL
Post #: 87
13th Age posted a signup for Organized Play. You can find it here: http://www.pelgranepr...­

You don't need to be a GM to sign-up, you can simple select you wish to play in games. Thought a few folks might be interested. Looking forward to seeing 13th Age organized play at our FLGSs in the near future!
A former member
Post #: 223
My days of working Sundays has come to an end, so I'd like to run something!

I'm thinking either:

• PARANOIA: Sci-fi rpg that routinely gets included in the Top 10 RPGs of All Time. Why? Because it's hilarious and rules take a backseat to fun. That said, it's very silly, violent, and has plenty of Catch-22's. Fnord.
  • Outlive Outdead: Zombie rpg where, if your human dies, you stay in the game as zombies and go after the other players' characters. Plenty of "screw your neighbor" hijinxs.
  • The Laundry: Horror rpg that combines Call of Cthulhu with James Bond. Your iphone is now a Necronomiphone. Based on the novels by Charles Stross.

Does anybody have a preference? As for the date, I'm thinking June 9th. Does that work?
Matthias
MatthiasW
La Grange Park, IL
Post #: 9
Any internet in organizing another RPG Sunday at Fair Game? I'd be up for running/playing something.
Sarah
user 47838212
Willowbrook, IL
Post #: 93
Certainly! I was on vacation at the end of last month and came back with a respiratory infection from which I'm just now finally getting over (ugh!). I'm working on getting some more events posted that now summer is upon us. Besides, it's been too long since we've run a 13th Age game. Let me touch base with the folks over at Fair Game and see if they have any openings.
Sarah
user 47838212
Willowbrook, IL
Post #: 96
Fair Game is generously keeping a table open for us for RPG Sundays so let's get some RPGs planned! Empty chairs at empty tables is sad. If you're interested in running a game please send me a description of the game / system you'll be using and what Sunday you had in mind. We're restricted to one table, so that means only one Meetup hosted RPG can be run per week. First come, first serve. The schedule is completely open right now.

Ben and I will take a look at our schedule to see when we can run another 13th Age session for those interested. We are still fighting a pesky cough atm so it won't be until sometime in July when we have our voices back. With any luck we might have our Bones shipment in by then to throw some wicked minis on the table for the game.
Matthias
MatthiasW
La Grange Park, IL
Post #: 10
Let me check my schedule tonight. I am up for running something in the near future.
Sarah
user 47838212
Willowbrook, IL
Post #: 114
Book your Sundays now!

13th Age organized play starts this August!!! Fair Game has added 13th Age organized play to their Sunday RPG lineup and Ben & I are happy to announce that we'll be at the helm as GMs. The first adventure, Crown of the Lich King, is a six-week adventure involving.... aww, you didn't think I would spoil it for you, now did you? ;) I can promise it's very exciting!

Here's the Tales of 13th Age schedule that will be followed at Fair Game store:

Crown of the Lich King
Sunday, August 4th - Part 1 (The Prisoner of Roachdale)
Sunday, August 11th - Part 2 (Sleeping Dragons)
Sunday, August 18th - Part 3 (Into the Necropolis)
Sunday, August 25th - Part 4 (The Necropolis maze)
Sunday, September 1st - Part 5 (The city of the dead)
Sunday, September 8th - Part 6 (The Lich King's vault)

All games will start each Sunday at Noon. More details will be available soon!

Don't know what 13th Age is?

13th Age is the most anticipated RPG of 2013 with a book release coming this August! It is a new fantasy roleplaying game, designed by Jonathan Tweet – lead designer of Dungeons & Dragons® third edition – and Rob Heinsoo, the lead designer of the fourth edition of D&D®. 13th Age honors old school fantasy role-playing values as it dives deep into rich story telling adventures. The game features a familiar d20-style system, but it lighter on the rules compared to D&D which results in smoother, free-flowing combat. An Escalation Die rule that keeps battles fast and exciting by giving characters an escalating combat bonus the longer they fight.

The game focuses on connecting players to the world they are in through the use of background-based skills as well as detailed relationships with the key movers and shakers of the world – The Icons. Adventures will encourage creative and imaginative ways to solve the challenges set before them.

http://www.pelgranepr...­
http://www.pelgranepr...­
Brian D.
user 103539092
Naperville, IL
Post #: 3
I'm interested in this, but I'm new to tabletop RPGs. Is this game friendly to those unfamiliar like myself? If so, I'd be down to try out this adventure.
Sarah
user 47838212
Willowbrook, IL
Post #: 117
Yes, people new to RPGs are more than welcome! The first session especially will provide an overview on what 13th Age is all about and how to play. If you're interested I wouldn't miss it.
Brian D.
user 103539092
Naperville, IL
Post #: 4
How to I sign up? Do I just show up at the appointed time?