addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Naperville Freaks, Geeks, and Weirdos Message Board › Bristol Renaissance Faire

Bristol Renaissance Faire

Sarah
user 47838212
Willowbrook, IL
Post #: 94
It's Summer! Which means the Bristol Renaissance Faire is just around the corner. The Bristol Renaissance Faire runs Saturdays, Sundays & Labor Day from Jul. 6 thru Sep. 2, 2013. It's a popular attraction for many Meetup members, so I would like to know if folks would like to set specific weekend(s) or day(s) aside for a Ren Faire Meetup event. Adult tickets run $19.95 per day, but with the early bird sale right now or email coupons tickets are $14.95. Walgreens and other sites also offer discounted tickets. The special events calendar is listed below. Please reply to this thread indicating which weekend(s) in order of preference you would like to attend, or if you already bought your tickets tell us when you're going! Also include whether you will be attending Saturday, Sunday, or both. The Steampunk themed weekend is always a popular choice, but keep in mind Saturday, July 20th is the same day as the Summer BBQ / board game event at Jason's place. Please let me know! Thanks!

Opening Weekend!
Weekend 1, July 6 & 7, 2013
Kick off our spectacular 26th season - all children 12 & younger are FREE this weekend only. No coupon required.

Swashbuckler
Weekend 2, July 13 & 14, 2013
Swashbuckler Weekend
YAR! Featuring a special 'Captain' cocktail, come and let your tack and sheets fly!

Steampunk Costume Contest Finalists 2012
Weekend 3, July 20 & 21, 2013
Steampunk Invasion
Partake of our special Absinthe Bar all weekend!
SATURDAY ONLY: Steampunk Promenade. More information coming soon on our 3rd annual steampunk costume contest!

2012 Fantasy Costume Contest Finalists
Weekend 4, July 27 & 28, 2013
Renaissance Runway Costume Contest
Saturday: Fantasy costumes!
Sunday: Historical costumes!
One champion each day will win $100 cash and tickets to the Faire. Second and third place finalists will also win Faire tickets.
Marketplace Masks
Weekend 5, August 3 & 4, 2013
Marketplace Weekend
Shop the wares of more than 175 merchants and artisans, spend $200 in a day, and then present your receipts at the Guest Services Gazebo to receive two complimentary tickets valid any one day of the 2013 season!

Wenches
Weekend 6, August 10 & 11, 2013
Wenches Weekend
A Renaissance nod to 'Ladies Night' - this weekend will feature a self-guided Wine Tasting Tour throughout the pubs of Bristol. More information coming soon.

Scouts
Weekend 7, August 17 & 18, 2013
Salute to Uniforms & Scouts Weekend
Discount tickets for all scouts and servicemen.

Monsters of Myth
Weekend 8, August 24 & 25, 2013
Monsters of Myth
The Goblin King calls forth all imps, trolls, elves and other assorted monsters to frolic this weekend with the mortals. Heed his call, bring your Kingdom to life and show Bristol your best-dressed monstrous side! SATURDAY: Pride Day.

Farewell bow / Closing Weekend
Weekend 9, August 31, September 1& 2, 2013
One final chance to shout, "Merry Meet! Merry Part! And Merry Meet Again!"

Full info here: http://www.renfair.co...­
Rick M.
Ricomaurer
Glendale Heights, IL
Post #: 279
I'll be up for anything as long as I have some prior notice.
Christine H.
cmhllama
Chicago, IL
Post #: 9
August 17th and 24th are the best days for me. No dance class those weekends.
Casey
user 56186482
Naperville, IL
Post #: 5
Totally in!
Up for anything but I like the idea of doing the fantasy costume weekend. Or any of the other sweet costumes.
Rick M.
Ricomaurer
Glendale Heights, IL
Post #: 284
I'd be interested in the historical costuming myself.
A former member
Post #: 2
The 'dress like a monster' on the 24th sounds awesome. I call dibs on Bowie as the goblin king ;)
Joseph B.
user 6148794
Woodridge, IL
Post #: 15
Well, I'm way to self-conscious to dress as anything, but I'll put a vote in for August 24th as well. It's really the perfect thing to follow up Gen Con with. :)
Sarah
user 47838212
Willowbrook, IL
Post #: 107
I see several votes for August 24th so that's good enough for me! Event posting in 3....2...1...