addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Naperville Freaks, Geeks, and Weirdos Message Board › Code Of Conduct

Code Of Conduct

Closed to new replies

Katrina R.
kat.rue
Naperville, IL
Post #: 24
Due to some recent events and the burgeoning number of members o this excellent group, it is now big enough that there are things you need to be told.

Bannable Offenses

1. Any criminal or violent conduct against any meetup member during an official FGW event. Banned on first occurrence.

2. Stalking or harassment of Meetup member using Meetup.com communication tools (I.e. message board, site email) or during official FGW event. Banned on first occurrence after the object of stalking or harassment has asked stalker/harasser to stop.

3. 3 no shows to official FGW events. Banned after third occurrence.

4. Excessive use of FGW as personal promotional tool or spamming group. Bannable after warning.

5. Causing harm to FGW's relationships with venues or businesses. Banned after first occurrence.

6. Any behavior that results in Katrina having to write a policy about it. Bannable after warning, case by case basis.

The only time that FGW will step in and police someone's behavior is when it directly impacts the operations of FGW. If you have a problem with another member, and it does not encompass any of the above scenarios, handling it is on you. I am officially refusing any responsibility in mediating interpersonal disputes. Also, if an issue arises between FGW members based on things that happen outside of FGW, barring a restraining order, FGW cannot get involved. I started this group so all of us weirdos in the West and South Suburbs could find movie buddies, RPGs, crafting circles and con groups. I did not start this group because I really really love other people's drama.

If you have any questions or problems or issues with the above rules, please email, text, or call me directly. Some input from co-organizers was used, but as the founder and organizer, I take full responsibility for the drafting of FGW rules. I welcome feedback, even if it's a simple "you suck".

Thank you very much.