What we're about
World Travel and Adventure is admittedly a strange brew of old and new. We’re both a member-based social club, and a travel group. We’re also a travel agency specializing in group travel, but seldom mark our trips up beyond break-even. Our goal is not to make money as much as it is to travel with our growing list of good friends to exotic destinations. We also have trips locally in each city, regionally, and nationally. Many are either free or very low costs.
Bottom line: we’re all about people. People are always better than not-people. We’re like bees. While we may occasionally get stung, we’re fundamentally social beings that need community.
We got started in mid-2017 on meetup.com and our list of meetup cities grows each month. Here on meetup, we list all the local and regional trips and gatherings. These may include happy hours, dinners out, weekend trips, concerts, and more.
Members also have a website that features all of our more "ambitious" trips including nationwide and around the world. We've got trips planned to Europe, South America, Japan, Thailand, and more. Note: We are in the middle of making radical changes: a new name, a new logo, and a new website featuring all of our national and international trips. Local events and regional trips will still be on meetup.
Here are a few ways we’re different.
- We like small groups – generally a minimum of either 10 or 15 depending on destination. We want to get to know each other on a deeper level and make new friends. Larger groups in our experience don't allow for that.
- Every group will be a mixture of couples and singles, males and females. While ratios will of course vary, generally the mix has been awesome.
- Each trip has at least one trip leader. He or she travels for free or deeply discounted. In return, her primary job is to take care of our members. Expect her to be available 24/7 for any personal, travel, or other questions or concerns.
- We are also transitioning to all internally-created trips, designed specifically for the wants and needs expressed by our members. We will start with around 10 - 15 trips to be announced in early September. Additional trips will be announced in the coming months.
- We have a number of meetup groups across the country and are always looking to start new clubs. Many of our trips are exclusive to this specific city. If a trip section is not full, we do allow additions from other cities. Trips tend to fill up quickly, so if you have an interest, put in your RSVP as soon as possible.
So come join the fun and make new friends!