addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Nashville Backpacker Meetup Message Board › Doing a thru hike of the Appalachian Trail 2012

Doing a thru hike of the Appalachian Trail 2012

Brian
Xesfotola
Big Rock, TN
Post #: 4
I have decided to add another purpose to my thru hike. My father passed away in 2006 from breast cancer. So in his honor I am dedicating my hike to him by sponsoring a breast cancer research company. http://www.razoo.com/...­. What I am trying to do is find organizations that might want to advertise on my gear for the hike and in turn donate to the breast cancer company listed on the fund raising site. All money goes to the organization I am not asking for any assistance for myself. So if anyone has any suggestions please just send me a message.
Rob C.
user 12927516
Nashville, TN
Post #: 5
A lot of people also get donations per mile for various causes. (Like a pledge for a walk) This gives individuals a chance to help your cause, and gives them a stake in watching your progress!

Didn't realize you were thruhiking, are you gonna keep a journal? Good luck! I did it in 2010 if you want any thoughts. Probably hasn't changed that much :)
Brian
Xesfotola
Big Rock, TN
Post #: 6
Thank you. Any thoughts are more than welcome. I think it was turtle two that said just put one foot in front of the other and you will get there:). Yes, I plan on keeping a log so everyone can keep track of me. Thanks to Raymond and Cynthia along with the others in this group have helped me so much in the hikes we did of the AT. I am very excited in doing the thruhike. Which others are more than welcome to join me anytime they can. I do realize not everyone can take off for long periods of time. I am sure since I am starting late I could use some company now and then due to conversation with the squirrels might get old lol. I am contacting any big company I can think of. So far no luck with them but even if I only get a few dollars for the organization it is all worth it.
Beth M.
user 13744952
Nashville, TN
Post #: 2
Thank you. Any thoughts are more than welcome. I think it was turtle two that said just put one foot in front of the other and you will get there:). Yes, I plan on keeping a log so everyone can keep track of me. Thanks to Raymond and Cynthia along with the others in this group have helped me so much in the hikes we did of the AT. I am very excited in doing the thruhike. Which others are more than welcome to join me anytime they can. I do realize not everyone can take off for long periods of time. I am sure since I am starting late I could use some company now and then due to conversation with the squirrels might get old lol. I am contacting any big company I can think of. So far no luck with them but even if I only get a few dollars for the organization it is all worth it.

Hey Brian, when is your approx start date?
Brian
Xesfotola
Big Rock, TN
Post #: 7
When ever my last exam is. Which will be the end of April or May 5th at the latest. I will know an exact time when hopefully when class starts. I will be skipping graduation but it is all good I rather be on the trail:). Why you want to go hike it again:)?
Beth M.
user 13744952
Nashville, TN
Post #: 3
Sure, I'd like to go again. Who wouldn't? :) If you are doing some maildrops, I'd like to send something on occasion. RM is talking about doing the Whites in August or September with the usual cast of characters. We might be able to time it for some trail magic or slow you down hiking with you :). You should have a really good pace by then.

Keep us posted. You'll have some glorious wildflowers in GA, NC,TN and maybe far south VA. If you journal, yep, I can go with.
Brian
Xesfotola
Big Rock, TN
Post #: 8
Well that would be great if you guys did somehow manage that I do miss the usual cast. Mail drops... I have been trying to figure that out due to with post offices closing makes it more difficult. I was waiting for stambler she was suppose to give me some thoughts on places to send mail to. If you have some places you would recommend please email me I will send it to you in a personal message.