addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Nerds Collide! Message Board › Would anyone be interested in a nerd dating/socializing seminar?

Would anyone be interested in a nerd dating/socializing seminar?

A former member
Post #: 12
This wouldn't be your typical seminar where you just sit there and listen, but would include role playing, demonstrations, Q&A and such. I see this as a fun and SAFE event.

This wouldn't be about 'how to pick up chicks/dudes' or rules of the 'game' or speed dating or an opportunity to hit on people (well, you could, but maybe you'd learn how to do it without making an ass of yourself). Also, this needn't exclusively be about dating, but interacting with people in general.

Do you see/make/are subjected to the same mistakes over and over again? And by mistakes, I mean things that are inappropriate, awkward or uncomfortable for yourself or the other person (evidence of absence--the girl you chatted up last meet-up never shows up again). Maybe you're not even aware of it. Hey! Aspergers! Or maybe you're just shy or don't know how to handle certain situations that non-nerds take for granted. Want it to stop or get better? Let's work on it!

Whatever the case may be, I've seen that many nerds simply don't know they're doing anything wrong and the people who know better don't correct them (those in the know often assume that the offendee should know better--but often they don't). This leads to hurt feelings, confusion, and misunderstandings... and continuing to make the same mistakes. And hey--giving someone the cold shoulder isn't the same as telling them that they're doing something wrong.

Well, let's stop not dealing with it and start, er, dealing with it! Not only could it make things more pleasant at future meet-ups, but it might be fun to boot.

So if you're interested, please chime in! If there's enough interest, I'll set something up.

So if you've seen/have had recurrent issues, email me! Have questions? Email me! If you have special insights or knowledge and would like to help (or just want to help), email me! If there's something you are dealing with, email me! Too shy to present something yourself, fine! We'll act it out for you! Email me!

Raea
user 11788409
Everett, WA
Post #: 8
Yes, I am certainly interested in this. What is your email address? I have a few things I need to talk with you about directly regarding this topic. I actually created a Date Coaching service that is ready to launch for these very same issues you mentioned. :)
Josh H.
user 8571403
Group Organizer
Kirkland, WA
Post #: 127
this would be great, the problems i have are i'm in a wheelchair and i don't know where to go to meet nerdy girls