Some people pick up a hammer. Others pick up the phone. But what about software developers? Designers? Event planners? How do you give back to your community?
Volunteering looks great on your resume or college application and is a terrific way to gain new skills/experience that you wouldn't have opportunities to learn at your day job. Jeff Reichman is going to walk us through a bunch of ways to get involved that make good use of your skills and your time.
We're putting out a call to action for the next wave of Houston community leaders. Do you have what it takes?
If so, join us to learn more about:
• 10 ways to get involved in Houston's startup community
• How to volunteer your time to build critical tools for the government
• How to get involved in open government / data transparency projects
• How to come up with creative and engaging ways to grow a community
• How to choose your opportunities wisely
• What to expect when you get involved
We're also going to do what we at Netsquared do best and connect you with our nonprofit members who need volunteers!
If you work at a nonprofit and need volunteers - then join us for a fun matchmaking activity to help your organization get the extra helping hands it needs to achieve your mission.
We're saving some news to announce at the event, so be sure to attend if you want the scoop!