e-Commerce has been a black hole topic for many nonprofit organizations. Topics of discussion during session include:
- What prevents nonprofits from engaging in e-Commerce (not fundraising)
- Arguments for and against e-Commerce for nonprofits
- Aligning e-Commerce store with your organization's mission, goals, and and vision
- Laws governing nonprofits and e-Commerce
- IRS rules and Unrelated Business Income Tax-note seek professional assistance to understand how e-commerce could effect your organization's tax status!
- Collecting Sales Taxes (know if and when you must collect sales taxes, and remitting to appropriate authorities)
- Various types of e-Commerce merchandise and other considerations
- Customer service
- e-Commerce Platforms, Security, & Payment Processing
- Handling shipping and getting product to consumer
- Coupons & Marketing your nonprofit
- Social media marketplaces
If you have specific questions about e-Commerce and nonprofits, please send me an email or post the questions to the Facebook page- http://facebook.com/net2memphis/- at least 4 days prior to event. This topic is a touchy one so we will have a discussion about the positives and negatives of nonprofits engaging in e-Commerce.