addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NetSquared Twin Cities | Tech in Nonprofits Message Board › MeetUp NetSquared members: Come hear GiveMN's Jeff Achen at TCMA's Fall Medi

MeetUp NetSquared members: Come hear GiveMN's Jeff Achen at TCMA's Fall Media Forum Nov. 10

Closed to new replies

Jeremy I.
user 14531651
Minneapolis, MN
Hi MeetUp NetSquared members,

First, let me introduce myself. I am Jeremy Iggers, executive director of the Twin Cities Media Alliance. I signed up as the new organizer of NetSquared Twin Cities, rather than allow it to be disbanded.

I don't have any immediate plans to schedule a NetSquared MeetUp, but I do want to invite you to the Twin Cities Media Alliance's 8th Annual Fall Media Forum, After the Elections: Change Work, New Media and the Challenges Ahead, to be held on Saturday, November 10 at the University of Minnesota Urban Research and Outreach Center, 2001 Plymouth Avenue North, Minneapolis. The event is free and open to the public, but registration is requested. When you register, you will have the option of purchasing a box lunch.

This year's program should be of special interest to people interested in non-profits and technology. Presenters will include Jeff Achen of GiveMN.org, who will be a morning panelist, and will give an afternoon workshop on Fueling Your Campaign: Using New Media Tools to Raise Money and Awareness for Issues You Care About.

We'll also have presentations and workshops on Using Facebook and Twitter to Promote Your Issue, presented by Melissa Harrison, Allee Consulting and Marcos Lopez-Carlson, Twin Cities Media Alliance; and much more. For complete details, see our registration page. Secretary of State Mark Ritchie will give a brief keynote on "What I learned from the elections."

This forum also serves as the capstone to the Twin Cities Media Alliance's New Normal 2012 Get Connected! project of community meetings, which introduce engaged citizens to community organizations working for change, and to media tools and resources that enable citizens to advocate more effectively.

I hope to see you there. And if you have any questions, or any suggestions for the future of the NetSquared Twin Cities MeetUp, I would love to hear from you.

Best,

Jeremy Iggers