addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

New England ebay & Ecommerce Sellers Group Message Board › Do you want our Group to Continue?

Do you want our Group to Continue?

Bobbi
bobbim03801
Sarasota, FL

Hi all,

I've noticed our attendance has been falling at meetups. I'm trying to determine what topics and guest speakers you are interested in.

Last night we had 24 signed up, but only 13 attended. It was a great meeting with a wonderful guest speaker, and I was honestly disappointed at the low attendance.Two people did contact me to give their reasons for not attending, but the rest were no-shows.

Because it takes time and money to host our group meetings, I want to make sure the group is meeting your needs as an ecommerce seller.

Please take a few minutes to respond - I would like to hear from you.

Regards, Bobbi
Robbin L.
Robbin-Beadshine
Group Organizer
Rye Beach, NH
Post #: 4
Hi All~
Robbin here~username Beadshine on Ebay. I would like to apologize for not making it to meet-up group. I replied that I would be there with full intent of coming. Unfortunately my son got very sick. Forgive me for not letting anyone know. I definitely hope this group keeps going. I think it is a valuable asset to the Seacoast/New England Community.
Bobbi thank you for organizing and hosting. If I can be of any help for future meetups I would be happy to help out.
To Big Sales Everyone!
Big Smiles,
-Robbin
Pat L.
user 33501912
Portsmouth, NH
Post #: 3
It is a long drive to/from Portsmith. I would like to find someone in the Sunapee Area with whom I can share the driving.
Sue A.
user 29074902
North Andover, MA
Post #: 1
Bobbi,

Even though I have yet to attend a meeting I would still consider. I'm still new to this, and I'm trying to take into consideration my time away from work, gas $ etc. Monday nights I often work that those are a little harder for me to work around. It is a little bit of a drive for me also, but I have not found a meetup group in MA yet. Anyways, I'm sure your hard work is appreciated. I will definitely make an effort in the future to RSVP one way or the other.

Best,
Sue
Michael M.
user 9586792
Portsmouth, NH
Do you want our Group to Continue?

As I read that question, the first thing that came to my mind was that it would be a shame if it did not continue.

I delivered a speech to my Toastmaster’s group back in the late ‘70’s on a similar topic. As we gather to share a meal and stories, we learn from each other, we motivate each other, we give each other ideas. And we fight burn out. This is the reason groups such as Toastmasters and Rotary have been so successful throughout the years. As with all networking groups, what we get out of the group is directly proportional to what we put into the group.

I’ve been selling on eBay nine years and have been an eBay trainer for eight years. Yet every single time I meet with a group of eBayers it is time well spent. Even the IRS recognizes this fact as what you spend on food, drink, transportation to these events is a legitimate business expense and tax deduction. The reasoning is that you will be better at your trade or craft, earn more money, and pay more taxes.

Networking pays off in so many ways that can help with your business. However, organizing such an event, even just once a month, can be quite time consuming, and frequently the rewards of networking are often lost for the individual who does all the planning and organizing, as their time is taken up in administration.

I wish there was a group such as this closer to central Maine. As it is, I frequently seem to have a class or some other commitment many of the nights of the meetings. But I was looking forward to this most recent meeting as I recently started using Outright a few months ago. As it turned out, I was one of the ones who did not attend last Monday. Unfortunately, I was battling a bout of pneumonia that still has me spending more time in bed than up, even though I finished the antibiotics on Tuesday. I did email my regrets as a 3-hour drive was not something I could have done on Monday.

Kudos to Bobbi for organizing this group and for always having educational and interesting speakers.

~ Michael

Bob S.
user 10312438
Marlborough, MA
Post #: 3
I would personally like to see the group continue. I had not been for quite a while, but have attended the last 2 of 3 and found them very informative and fun. Sometimes schedule conflicts prevent me from coming but would like to see the group continue.

Bob Steele
Lucky 13 Trading
chloeev
chloeev
Manchester, NH
Bobbi,

I've been a supporter of yours for I don't know how many years now! You have been a driving force in this area and a boost to all NE eBayers. I can't express how inadequate you make me feel sometimes with all you do to take yourself to the next level in everything.

I, too, feel it would be a shame to not have this group. Even though I have not been to your meetings, very hard scheduling for me. I understand your frustration at working hard to put together meetings you believe people want and then ending up with a light turn out.

I understand it can be a daunting job, organizing, setting up and conducting these meetings and then having low turn out.

Perhaps people will let you know what it is they are hoping to get out of the meetings or if it is more of a scheduling issues.
The underlying theme here is, emphatically from all, NO! don't close the group, but can someone suggest a way to increase attendance?