Let's get together for Jewish food and fun in the Land of Enchantment! This group is for anyone interested in Jewish food, music, dancing, and other Jewish activities in New Mexico. You do not have to be Jewish to join, but the focus will be mostly on Jewish cultural events. Other events will be just for shmoozing and kibbitzing.
We are independent of any Jewish organizations. We are broadly welcoming! Our get-togethers are only in public places, and each one has a host(ess) who serves as a greeter (with rare exceptions). So, we do not simply announce events. We are glad to partner with other organizations with their events, as long as there is a host(ess)/greeter who is also one of our members. Although we are based in Albuquerque, we encourage Jewish events and organizations throughout New Mexico to partner with us.
We ask that you introduce yourself and include a photo of yourself so we can welcome you (no symbols or shadow photos, please). If you have “pre-joined”, please go back to your profile and update it.
Our rules are simple:
1. “Be a mensch”, a decent person. For example, if you have sent a “yes” RSVP and your plans change, please think of others and change your RSVP to “Not Attending.”
2. We only meet in public places. If you would like to get together privately with members you meet at one of our events, then it is not part of NM Jewish Food & Fun Group.
3. Please introduce yourself on your Profile and show an actual photo of yourself (no symbols or shadows, please).
4. No drama, please! If there is something that concerns you, please bring it to the attention of the event host(ess)/greeter and/or the organizers. We welcome your suggestions!
5. Please feel free to suggest events, while offering to serve as a host(ess)/ greeter.
6. No soliciting for your business or organization. Of course, if someone asks for your business or organization's contact information, it’s ok to give it to them.
7. No political discussions: We get together for social gatherings. Unfortunately, political discussions tend to become divisive...there are opportunities elsewhere for discussions about politics, so that is where they belong.
8. Please make a small donation yearly to help with the annual expense of the Meetup.com website.