addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

New Tech Meetup of Central PA Message Board › A couple of notes and Happy Holidays

A couple of notes and Happy Holidays

John C.
jmcaddell
Group Organizer
Hershey, PA
Dan Meyer is in need of a level 2 network technician and a web developer for his company. Reach out to Dan via the Meetup site if you are interested or know of a good candidate.

For Lancaster-area folks, here's an offer/request from Fran Gillott of DeliveryCrowd, who demoed on Monday:

Hi Folks,

Ryan and I are running live orders through the system this Saturday, 12/8, in Lancaster, PA. I have a humble request (if requests are humble):

Would you be interested in placing an order through our system? We would like to have as many real food orders placed as possible, between the hours of 4 and 8 pm. Then, we will pick the orders up and deliver them to you.

If you are interested, please reach out to me [fran@deliverycrowd.com­] by Friday.

Remember that DeliveryCrowd makes delivery from any restaurant possible, so as you think of your dinner plans, remember that all restaurants, within the Lancaster area, are within scope. I do ask that you let me know the one(s) that you will most likely order from so that we can plan accordingly (this being a pilot and all).

I'll respond to you with specifics, but here's generally how it will go down on Saturday:

1. You place your order with the restaurant of your choice.
2. DeliveryCrowd picks up your order and brings it to you.
3. You enjoy your dinner.
4. Later, you provide us with your thoughts on what you want to see more of or less of.

Please know that if you reach out and something comes up, that is okay!  Not a problem! We simply want to ensure we have enough orders in place to make this pilot a good one. Stated differently: please reach out even if there is a iota of a chance you will place an order!

Additionally, please check out our Site and Facebook page to learn more:

www.deliverycrowd.com­
www.facebook.com/DeliveryCrowd­

Thanks much!

--

Fran Gillott
Founder & Head of Operations
deliverycrowd.com

----
Finally, a Happy Holidays wish from the New Tech Meetup. Thanks for attending, presenting and spreading the word in 2012. With your continued creativity and persistence, 2013 will be the year the Central PA startup ecosystem gets to the next level. See you in February!
John