Welcome! These Meetups gather on the first Friday of the month from 2 - 3:30. At this Meetup, we will gather to discuss a designated topic designed to use our mutual expertise to improve our lives as adjuncts, as academics, and flourish in other ventures connected to our teaching. Here is a suggested schedule of topics.
• January: Improving pay and benefits where we teach;
• February: Job security and course loads;
•March: Managing spring break;
• April: Managing the end of the semester;
• May: Academic Writing;
• June: Summer income;
• July: Teaching summer courses;
• August: Inclusion in campus life;
• September: Setting professional goals for new school year;
• November: Moving out of academia;
•December: Activism around part-time faculty.
If you have topic suggestions, send me a note and I'll work it in! I look forward to seeing you!