addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

New York City By The Bay Message Board › Welcome (and more about our first Happy Hour get together May 17)

Welcome (and more about our first Happy Hour get together May 17)

Jeff E.
user 7738590
San Francisco, CA
Thanks everybody for joining the group. We're at 106 transplanted New Yorkers already and haven't even had our first event yet.

Speaking of which, I picked Ducca at 50 3rd Street as the venue. It has an easy location (near the Montgomery St Bart/Muni) and plenty of space. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can hang out in the outdoor patio. They know we're coming and will try to have a bartender stationed outside. They have a really tacky gas fed fire pit. It provides no warmth whatsoever but they also have heat lamps to huddle under if necessary. Try to get there on time (I changed it to 6PM) because their HH ends at 7PM. You don't want to mess with their regular prices if you can help it. If you haven't signed up yet it is not too late. The date is Thursday May 17.

A couple of you suggested District and it sounds great but there is a Giants game that evening. Maybe we can go there next when the Giants are out of town.

I'd really like to encourage people to suggest events -- this is your group after all. Post something as a suggestion or talk to me at Ducca, but please don't post things that are clearly self-promotional. The nice thing about this group is that we can do anything, but we can do it with our New York connections! I'll be creating events as well but the group will be much better if people act on their ideas for get togethers.

Thanks! Looking forward to the 17th.

-Jeff