To celebrate the end of STOICON '16 and the beginning of Stoic Week '16, we'll do a Stoic Walking tour of some of NYC!
We will walk around lower Manhattan and Brooklyn and hit some key sites while discussing appropriate themes for the location from a Stoic point of view. Here's the itinerary:
• First, we will meet at the atrium of 60 Wall Street (our usual meeting spot) and chat about our experiences at STOICON '16 and the upcoming Stoic Week
• We'll then depart from the atrium at 2:30 and Wall Street and talk about materialism and national politics from a Stoic perspective
• Next, we'll go to the 9/11 memorial to talk about international politics, terrorism, and mortality
• Then, we'll walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and visit a top NYC pizza joint and chat about hedonism (and Stoic endurance if the lines are long!)
• Finally we'll take in the view of the skyline from the Brooklyn Promenade and talk about Stoicism in the modern world.
The entire length of the tour isn't set, but my best guess is that we'll wrap up around 6.
The walk will happen rain or shine, so please be prepared. Also wear comfortable clothing; we'll be walking a lot.
And if you are running significantly behind, post below. We'll try to monitor it during the walking tour and tell you where you can meet up so catch up.