Join us for the 1st Monthly Meeting of the NYC Ed Tech Entrepreneurs Meetup – An Open Forum for Testing Ed Tech Innovations
Join educators, entrepreneurs and investors for an evening of exciting ed tech products in working or concept form.
Join the following expert VCs, educators, and influential entrepreneurs who have already confirmed for this unique event
John Katzman – Founder & Chairman, 2tor.com
Brad Felix – Chief Learning Officer, Flat World Knowledge
Yen Yen Woo -- Associate Professor, Education, Long Island University
Matt Greenfield – Partner, Stoneworks Capital & Founder, Rethink Autism
Brandon Avrutin – Associate, Seavest Inc. Venture Partners
What We Are Doing Together
You are invited to attend this evening devoted to education and the power of education technology. We are creating a unique forum where ed-tech entrepreneurs will present us with the latest and greatest technologies they are dedicating their lives to creating for the education field. Our panel of VCs , educators, and students will comment on the technologies from their perspectives, followed by your thoughtful comments.
Our goal is to help ed-tech entrepreneurs walk away with a better understanding of the environment, and provide educators with opportunities to engage in a business-savvy and education-savvy discussion on the evolution of the field.
1. Three guest speakers will spend eight minutes each describing their perspective of the education field, what is needed to create positive change, and where they see that happening first and best. One speaker will be an entrepreneur, one an educator, and another will be a venture capital investor.
2. Ed-tech entrepreneurs will then present new technologies to educators in 5-minute presentations on how they were inspired, how they created the product, and what product is.
3. Members of the audience and expert panelists will provide their feedback in a five to seven minute Feedback Round.
4. Participants will use Twitter and the hashtag #nycedu to submit their commentary on the presented technologies, sharing insights about the value of the technology being presented (i.e. Do you like it? Where do you see problems? Would you use it?)
5. Open discussion and networking
We intend for this format to ignite an entrepreneurial conversation about education’s evolution that begins with people in all areas of education sharing ideas and working together to develop groundbreaking ideas.
To Submit Your Company for a Presentation Spot –
Send a[masked] word description of your company idea to [masked] or [masked] or [masked] . We will vet the summary and notify you within one working day of your acceptance.
There are a limited number of slots available, so submissions are taken on a first-come-first-serve basis. Submissions must be for education tech products or services. Submissions must be about company services or products that use technology to function, or use the Internet, or a mobile device, as a primary distribution vehicle.
Brought to you by:
Intelligence Director & Social Media Strategist, dB C Media
Saad Alam and Lee Jokl, Co-Founders, CiteLighter (http://www.citelighter.com/page/about)
Citelighter is an easy-to-use academic research tool that utilizes a community of students to help you find valuable content, automatically cite sources, and provide and organizational framework for writing your papers.