addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

"New York Philosophy" Message Board › Beyond Collapse: The next step in Human Evolution

Beyond Collapse: The next step in Human Evolution

A former member
Post #: 4
Hi There,

I wanted to get in touch with you concerning a new philosophical movement that I?m very excited about- Integral Philosophy and Evolutionary Enlightenment, which together are creating a new way of thinking that I believe is pioneering the leading edge of intellect and spirituality. This movement is being recognized on a global scale to be the next step for humanity after postmodernism. A global network of thinkers are connected to this including Ken Wilber, Don Beck, Steve McCintosh, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Deepak Chopra, Eckhart Tolle and the theories incorporate a wide array of science and philosophy from Hegel and Carl Jung to Pierre Tielhard de Chardin.

I?m speaking on behalf of a nonprofit, EnlightenNext, whose mission is to create a revolution in consciousness and culture- ultimately to create a new future for humanity beyond ego. We are based in Fox Hollow, Massachusetts, and have centers around the globe. We produce ?What is Enlightenment? magazine, an ongoing inquiry into the nature of enlightenment itself in context to the evolving world and universe as a whole.

Within the basis of evolutionary theory, each stage of evolution hits a wall and is then demanded to transcend and reorganize itself or face collapse. We believe that this fork in the road is reaching its peak and that it?s time for humanity to step up to the plate and take responsibility for it?s own evolution, which is the evolution of consciousness. This theory bring us all the way back to the big bang and showcases humanity still as a process of that moving forward: the universe evolving from matter to mind to consciousness. EnlightenNext aims to create the stage for the next step in human evolution and create a collective platform where collective higher consciousness is understood and sustainable.

Andrew Cohen, the founder of the organization, will be in New York on April 26 to speak about this new vision for humanity. His topic ?The Collective We? will focus on what happens when multiple individuals residing at higher states of consciousness come together for a common purpose. If you have any interest in our mission or vision, this could be the best place to start as Andrew, being the founder, can convey it in a way like no one else. Email me if you might be interested in coming and if there are enough of you we can offer you a group rate. http://www.andrewcohe...­

We also have a center in New York that is a hub of engagement- please check us out online at andrewcohen.org/ny.

This really is just a note to touch base as well- if you or anyone in your group might be interested in hearing more, I?d love to talk to them! Please feel free to call or email me at jeremyfunston@gmail.com 347.886.0471

Hope to hear any thoughts you might have about all of this?

Best Wishes,

Jeremy Funston

Also, every Thursday night we meditate, eat together then listen in on a broadcast followed by a discussion?. If you think anyone might be interested please pass this around! Thanks.

This is the topic for Thursday:

What does it mean to be Integral?
Hello,
As practitioners of Evolutionary Enlightenment, we've found that Ken Wilber's Integral Theory has shed quite a lot of light on the goal that we have been striving for. Wilber's theory is a comprehensive and unified way to understand human development. It seeks to ?integrate? all aspects of human knowledge. When the practice of Evolutionary Enlightenment is viewed through an integral lens, it leads to a deeper understanding of what it means to create a new stage of human development.
The beauty of an integral approach is that at its root it means integration and wholeness. Most of us experience life as being fractured, consisting of separate parts that have little or no relation to one another. In this discussion, we will explore how Evolutionary Enlightenment can help us to be truly whole and complete?in other words, integrated.
This week, Carter Phipps, executive editor of What Is Enlightenment? magazine, will join us for a dynamic exploration of integral thinking. First, he'll give us a brief overview of the theory popularized by Wilber and other contemporary thinkers, then we will go on to explore what integral means, through the practice of Evolutionary Enlightenment.
It promises to be a very dynamic call; Carter and I look forward to your participation.
Sincerely,__Jeff _jcarreira@enlightennext.org_413.637.602­8

Join Jeff Carreira and his guest Carter Phipps
Thursday, April 17_9pm EDT_
Dial in Number: 1-309-946-5000_Access code: 116147

Click here to listen to the broadcast via internet:
http://www.enlightenn...­