What we're about

This is a group for anyone interested in the intersection between social innovation and technology. All fields of knowledge and professional backgrounds are welcome!

I started this group to meet other people who want to fill their lives with meaningful discussions about the applications of new technologies to solve real-world problems.

As a software developer, I love creating technology that helps shape and improve the way that we interact as a society. But software dev is only 20% of the job. The other 80% is the quality of the people crafting the idea, and that's where you come into play!

This is some useful criteria to help you decide whether this meetup is right for you:

1) Independent thinker: You enjoy questioning the way stuff is being done in the world, and constantly try to come up with better ways to do things.

2) Unquenchable ambition: You want to put your knowledge, education, and experiences to find new ways of tackling the most daunting social problems in the world.

3) Badass attitude: You are aware that with enough determination and the right people, some really cool stuff can start to happen.

Upcoming events (5+)

Session #1: Problem Discovery

205 Hudson Street

This first session will be entirely code-free! For everyone: We will discuss some social issues in different areas of the world, and the potential ways in which technology can provide a solution. For developers: We will try to incorporate into the discussion useful and innovative APIs such as those provided by companies Twilio, Venmo, Google and more!

Session #1: Problem Discovery

205 Hudson Street

This first session will be entirely code-free! For everyone: We will discuss some social issues in different areas of the world, and the potential ways in which technology can provide a solution. For developers: We will try to incorporate into the discussion useful and innovative APIs such as those provided by companies Twilio, Venmo, Google and more!

Session #1: Problem Discovery

205 Hudson Street

This first session will be entirely code-free! For everyone: We will discuss some social issues in different areas of the world, and the potential ways in which technology can provide a solution. For developers: We will try to incorporate into the discussion useful and innovative APIs such as those provided by companies Twilio, Venmo, Google and more!

Session #1: Problem Discovery

205 Hudson Street

This first session will be entirely code-free! For everyone: We will discuss some social issues in different areas of the world, and the potential ways in which technology can provide a solution. For developers: We will try to incorporate into the discussion useful and innovative APIs such as those provided by companies Twilio, Venmo, Google and more!

Past events (20)

Session #1: Problem Discovery

205 Hudson Street

Photos (2)