From Rookie to Most Valuable Parent (MVP): Developing the Skills, Confidence, & Relationships to Best Support Your Baby
Becoming a new parent is a rewarding yet challenging journey that can sometimes feel overwhelming and isolating—it’s often hard to get the support you need as you adjust to your new role as a mother. Research has demonstrated that deepening our awareness of our own emotional experience and practicing self-care strengthen our ability to better attune to our babies and promote their healthy development. We’ll help you hone the skills you need to take better care of yourself and your family. Feeling more comfortable as a new mom will help give your baby a good start in life!
In this workshop, you’ll…
• LEARN to apply valuable child development research to your parenting approach and create an environment in which you can take better care of yourself and your family;
• PRACTICE self-care, mindfulness, and secure attachment strategies clinically proven to reduce stress and increase your and your baby’s emotional well-being;
• EXPLORE your unique experience of adapting to the “indignities” and demands of motherhood in a supportive, non-shaming, non-judgmental, baby-friendly setting; and
• CONNECT with other new moms sharing the same stage in life.
The ideal participants are…
• First-time moms with pre-crawling infant(s)
• Eager to learn how to cope challenges of caring for a new baby
• Moms open to sharing their unique experiences with others respectfully and compassionately
Important details about our workshop…
• Hosted by Dr. Tara Lindahl at Spark Center for Self Development
• 1412 S Street, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95811
• The fee is $350 for the 8-week workshop (Day/Time TBD based on participant input)
Pre-group interviews are required to enhance participant satisfaction and ensure that only those individuals who are likely to benefit from this workshop are included. If interested, please email Dr. Tara Lindahl at email@example.com to set up a consultation. Space is limited to 8 participants.