PDX Entrepreneurs is about one simple idea: bringing together successful entrepreneurs in the Portland area. We are going to have five speakers and free beer. Here’s all you need to know about this event.
Rick Turoczy: “The Tech Startup Scene in Portland”
Rick is one of the founders of PIE (Portland Incubator Experiment) and the founder of Silicon Florist, the most popular blog about startups in Portland. Rick has been involved in dozens of startups and will share his story with us. He’ll talk about some of the most successful startups he’s been involved in and why they were successful, but he’ll also talk about some of the most critical mistakes startups make and how to avoid them.
Kevin Long: “How I Started Innovation in Motion”
Kevin moved to Portland in 2011 and started a movement called “Innovation in Motion”. This allowed him to land his dream job atCrowdCompass (which just got acquired by Cvent) and develop a very strong network in record time. Kevin will share his advice on developing your personal brand and helping others as a way to generate business and contacts.
Ronnie Duke: “What I Learned in My First Five Six in Business”
Ronnie Duke is the founder of ModMedia, a successful design and web development agency in Portland. Ronnie will talk about the lessons he has learned running a service business for six years. If you’re in the business services industry, you can’t miss Ronnie’s presentation.
Zeke Camusio: “10 Critical Mistakes I Made Building My Company to Its First Million Dollars”
Zeke is the founder of The Outsourcing Company, a digital marketing agency located in downtown Portland. Zeke is the author of The Internet Marketing Bible and he’s a columnist for Entrepreneur.com, Branding Magazine and Search Engine Journal. Zeke will be speaking openly about some of the biggest mistakes he has made as an entrepreneur and the lessons he has learned from them.
- It’s a free event. We’ll be serving free beer, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks.
- The event will take place on Friday, September 28th, between 6pm and 9pm.
- We’ll have a whole hour for networking, so don’t forget your business cards.
- The address is 1626 SE Water Ave. It’s Portland Community College’s CLIMB Center. Look for us in the auditorium.
- Important: the auditorium can only accomodate 100 people and this event will fill up very fast, so if you’re interested, register now to secure your spot. If you sign up and later you find out you can’t make it, please let us know so we can give the spot to someone else. We’ll be recording the session, so if you don’t make the cut, we’ll email you the videos.