places! , Havana
SNORKEL & SCUBA TRIP - Cuba by land & sea!
8-day/7-night trip :
- December 26, 2016 - January 2, 2017 - SOLD OUT!
- March 18 - 25, 2017 (Spring Break)
- May 27 - June 3, 2017 (Memorial Day)
*Now is as good of a time to go to Cuba as any just in case the new president overturns all the U.S.-Cuba agreements that were previously made!
We are the one of the only companies offering a full snorkel & scuba trip that is not a live-aboard & that allows you to dive in some of the most pristine areas in Northern & Southern Cuba as well as experience its vibrant culture on land.
Days 1-3 : HAVANA
· Group dinner at a paladar
· Classic car convertible ride to Fusterlandia (famous artist neighborhood) and Revolution Square
· Drinks in Old Havana and live music at El Floridita, Buena Vista Social Club and other hot spots!
Above : Classic car tour of Havana
Above : Group dinner at a paladar
Days 3-4 : BAY OF PIGS
• 3 dives at the infamous Bay of Pigs (1 shore, 1 wall, & 1 wreck dive)
• Visit to the Bay of Pigs Museum
Above : Wall dive at the Bay of Pigs
Above : Heading out for a boat dive
Above : Shipwreck dive at the Bay of Pigs
Days 4-5 : CIENFUEGOS
· Cultural tour of Cienfuegos, also known as the "Pearl of the South" due to the French colonial architectural accents throughout the city
Above : Cienfuegos
Above : Art street in Cienfuegos
Days 5-7 : TRINIDAD via GUAJIMICO
· 1 boat dive at the very small village of Guajimico, whose name means "the place for fish" in the aboriginal language
· Arrival in Trinidad for live music, dinner and drinks and if you are up for it, the cave disco!
· 2 boat dives at Playa Ancon
· Cultural walking tour of the city lined with cobblestone streets, vintage cars, and Spanish architecture.
Above - Playa Ancon
Above : Relaxing on the beach after a snorkel session!
Above : Lovely ladies snorkeling!
Days 7-8 : SANTA CLARA & DEPARTURE
· Orientation walk around the city
· Visit to the Ernesto ‘Che’ Guevara mausoleum and museum
Above - Ernesto 'Che' Guevara museum and mausoleum
Regular season 8-day trip :
$2,900 – Scuba
$2,700 - Snorkel
Peak season 8-day trip (December & January) :
$3,200 - Scuba
$3,000 - Snorkel
*Single Supplement is $400.
• 7 nights accommodation in casa particulares (double occupancy)
• Private Cuban guide throughout tour
• Private Divemaster throughout tour
• Private transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
• 6 dives with a certified leader with NEW equipment imported from Europe
• Activities as noted in the itinerary
• Meals as indicated in the itinerary: all breakfasts, 2 dinners
NOT INCLUDED :
• All lunches, 5 dinners
*Extra dives cost between $30 – $50 per dive.
*The information provided below is for informational purposes only. It is liable to change at anytime, so please contact the airline for questions and accuracy of information.
Commercial flights to Havana are scheduled to begin December 1st, 2016. The airlines approved by the U.S. government for flights to Havana are American, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, United, Alaska, Frontier, and Spirit.
Most airlines can provide you with a flight from your home city to Havana with a connection in various U.S. cities.
American Airlines :
- Miami, Charlotte
Frontier Airlines :
- MIA to HAV (one stop routes from Denver and Las Vegas)
United Airlines :
- Newark, Houston
JetBlue Airways :
- Ft Lauderdale, JFK, Orlando
Delta Airlines :
- JFK, Atlanta, Miami
Alaska Airlines : Flights start Jan 5. Tickets on sale now
- Los Angeles
Southwest Airlines :
- Ft Lauderdale, Tampa
Spirit Airlines :
- Ft Lauderdale
*For information on mandatory Cuban medical insurance and Cuban visas (tourist cards), it is best to contact the airline that you'd like to fly with.
Once you book in, you will receive more information about departure and specific accommodation. You can also go to the website and look under "Cuba FAQs" to learn more about currency, internet, what to bring, etc... : www.globe-drifters.com/tour/cuba/