I am putting on another one of my fire twirling parties on Saturday 6th April. Additional fire twirlers welcome!
This time around the fire twirling party will also be combined with Neil's birthday, a fine upstanding fellow who is kind enough to also be supplying free drinks for us all (beer, vodka, gin, red + white wine, "lolly water" for the girls).
Chow Down, Bow Wow
There will be no BBQ (so please keep your sausages at home, or in your pants), but I will ask you to bring something to contribute that doesn't need cooking (or just needs reheating), such as dips, salads, meatballs, home-made pizza, or anything else you think would be appropriate. To avoid everyone bringing a mountain of olives, here is how it will go -
If your phone number ends in;
* 1, 2, 3; Meat/hot food dish (eg pizza, meat balls, lasagna)
* 4, 5, 6; Green/cold stuff (eg salads, cold meats)
* 7, 8, 9: Bits, Bobs and Sweets (eg chips, dips, things to dip, desserts, marshmallows, sparklers)
* 0: Chaos theory, bring whatever you want.
Lets hope everyone's number doesn't end in 7, 8, 9.
Will you share your dollar with me?
Attendees will be asked to make a donation to attend this event (unless you have a musical or other performance skill to donate). It actually costs money to keep this group open. Johnna has been paying for this personally since the group opened in June 2010 (approx $342 so far), and we are all benefiting from her investment.
Hot Carnival Party Thing! - DRESS UP
There is a dress up theme for this party. Anything "hot", "carnival", "party", or "thing". If choosing to dress up "hot" - please don't set yourself on fire. That's my job.
Anyone who dresses up does not have to pay a Meetup group donation - unless they want to. Ditto for those with musical or other performance skills to donate. Those willing to perform get an automatic spot on this party.
So, what to bring:
* Your donation (unless you're dressing up/performing)
* Some food to contribute (list in the comments below what you will bring)
* A chair
When you RSVP:
* Add a +1 if you are bringing someone, but since "kids are free", you don't need to include them in your RSVP.
Singing in the Rain
This event will still go ahead if it is raining, as it is too late to put the brakes on now. We will just spend more time inside, and possibly postpone the fire twirling portion of the party.