Lets meetup at Adamstown train station and cycle to Belmont. via the fernleigh track.
Then get on a big yacht at Lake Macquarie Yacht Club (LMYC) for 2 hours, then cycle back. (free and no previous sailing experience needed)
If we meet up outside the adamstown train station at 1:45pm on Wednesday.
Cycle all the way down the fernleigh track. That should take 1 hour 15 mins.
Its a 32km round trip. But the track is quite flat and the sailing is easy.
At the LMYC there are places to lock up the bikes and get onto a boat for the wednesday races. I can get you on a yacht with no previous sailing experience.. I've been sailing down there for 4 years and know the old boys down there well.
The race on wednesday starts 3:00-4:00 (depending on your boats handicap) and finishes 5:30-6:30pm depending on the wind and course.
The sailing is free of charge!
The fernleigh track back at dusk is always a good ride.
Things to bring:
* Money: only for contributing to the sailors if you drink their beer on board
* Water, snacks (sailing club sells snacks, but we will not be stopping for a meal, so eat before starting )
* Bike lights: it may be dark when we finish.
* Reflective cycling gear for road cycling if you need to get home by bike later
* White soled trainers (eg dunlop green stripe) are preferred on the yachts.
* A lightweight jacket : it can get chilly!
* Suncream: we will be outside for 6 hours)
* A hat preferably with a wind clip (so when the wind blows it off, it wont go in the lake)
* Lock for bike
A dry bag should not be necessary.
I did this last Wednesday and it was a great day out. Hope others can join for next week.