addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Robi
Chameleon
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 7
Hi everybody.
After the success of my first hosting of a dressup night for the girls I want to do more, I primary did that for the girls who love to dressup but dont have the opportunity. Guys are welcome as well, just no jeans. The girls put in the effort so I think the guys should as well. I don't expect tuxedos, nice trousers and a shirt will do.
Now, some ideas I have.
I am willing to hire a place and Helen knows bands who we could hire for the night, however I assuming at this time, I have not talked to her yet about this.
I personally know an Elvis impersonator, Who btw, is current Australian Elivs of the year and has been runner up for the last few years and so could have a 50s, 60s or even a 70s theme night. I go for 50s myself. I have an outfit that would suit and I have noticed 50s fashion is current with some groups. I know a group of scooter girls who are into 50s stuff. I got a laugh when I told one she looks just like a girl from a 50s chicko roll poster sitting on her scooter.
Neil knows a Meatloaf impersonator, I will talk to Neil about that.
I got suggestions for fancy dress/costume nights.
For instance, I told Karen, who btw looked just great at my first dressup night that I am thinking of a pink theme night and she, like lots of other girls love pink.
I am not taking away anything from the rest of the girls who turned up that night, they all looked great.
Karen told me that dress she wore that night was in her wardrobe for a year and I gave her the opportunity to wear it and she loved it and had fun with us that night. I think the smile on her face in one of Tonys pics proves it.
Girls, I know you love dressing up and I want to give you the opportunity to do that and just have fun.
Guys as well, for instance, the guys who where there for Grettas 80s theme birthday party had fun.
Any birthdays coming up?

Michael
newcastle-guy
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 15
I did some research into venues (ie function rooms at pubs) and there are a variety out there, inc a few that are free if you eat there (Beach Hotel, Merewether) and others that require a booking fee + $800 minimum bar tab.

I may also know of some bands that could be approached inc acoustic duos.

Any dress up theme ideas would be endless, from the simple "dress nice", gowns n suits, to themes such as ugly Xmas jumpers, ugly Jackets (for the guys at least). I went to a Year 3000 themed party that had some interesting ideas.
A former member
Post #: 1
I like the sound of this. Maybe a theme that goes with whichever entertainer plays eg elvis thn an elvis theme, meatloaf a meatloaf theme ect. Or what about bad Taste? That can always b interesting!!!!! Or maybe a black tie ball and try and raise funds for a local charity. We have done a few at custom house.... Works well. But I'm up for helping out f u need a hand
Neilium
Neilium
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 10
All sounds great to me.
Ah, maybe you could all come to Parkes Elvis with me next january.. I have a ball there, four days of it.
of course it's not all Elvis, I heard the great Mark Punch in a band there.. brilliant
Yes I didn't know who Mark Punch is either. check out his bio on the net he's been part of just about every damn music thing released in oz since ever... and here he was bangin around with local blokes in the pub all day and all night.
Ahem... Cardiff rissole also has a function room that Party at the Pub used on a few occaisions before it to quote Neil Young in Powderfinger... " faded away" Well he said " fade away" but past tense rules eh?
STOP PRESS!
WILD WEST PARTY Sat 9th march Cardiff Rissole.(Rsl)
The flyer's even got one of them trendy scan thingo's on it... so it has to be good eh.. or not.
My cowboy boots hurt one heel when I wear them walking, so I might just have to sit down if I go to this... ha.
Now it say's on the flyer ' An extra Wild Night Tailored To the Girls with a Country Spin. It's DJ SONIC.
What's on Tonight Anyone, I'm zippin down central coast today..... der dum.. back tonight maybe for a fri night go out...
Robi
Chameleon
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 8
Thanks Michael and Neil for your inputs.
I just happened to find out about this theme restaurant called the Kavan in Hamilton. its now 6am and I just got home from being there dressed up. I was elsewhere and invited there after elsewhere closed for the night.
Marg, I am not sure I know how to dressup in bad taste, I might give it a go, thanks for your input and enthusiasm.

Karen
user 79803122
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 1
Hi Rob, I went to Kavon for a burlesque show, which included dinner about a month ago, was a fun night and a bit different from the norm:)
Michael
newcastle-guy
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 16
Kavon is known as a "dinner theatre restaurant" and if you go there, you never know if you will get roped into the performance ;) Apparently my brother was there last night and he got a lap dance. His gf didn't seem to mind.

Bad fashion party can also be called "80s fashion" party ;) I just go to the Salvos and find the oldest, ugliest and most mis matched items of clothing I can find. Though the last time I did that and put it all together I thought I looked pretty alright ;)
Neilium
Neilium
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 14
That's so funny Mike....

go to the Salvos and find the oldest, ugliest and most mis matched items of clothing I can find. Though the last time I did that and put it all together I thought I looked pretty alright ;)
Karen
user 79803122
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 2
Hey Neil........Was just wondering....... was it just a wayside suggestion or maybe is there a slight chance you maybe a host for the Wild West Party at the Cardiff RSL:):):)
Neilium
Neilium
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 18
Ha... well it does say it's Chic Oriented... I was thinking ROB.... I mightn't be allowed in without makeup...
I might leave that up to the others.
And just about to go out now since everyone else is in bed reading the telegraph... ha
think it's gonna be wallsend rsl ole