addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Neilium
Neilium
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 39
Hi,
To celebrate Poetry day, there is poetry and live music Upstairs Ncle Library TODAY 21st March ( the equinox) at 1pm or 1300 hrs depending on your preference for recognising a particular passing instant in your life.
See Me there... or not. Cheers
Neilium
Neilium
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 40
You know what.. it was a heap of fun, the dude did a solo gig selecting poetry on aging and rage and had dug up a heap of local poets to recited and to put into song playing all the jazz chords that people just don't get to hear nowdays. A very funny poem to music that struck me was titled ' pensioner love' made me laugh.. 4STARS...
Robby
Chameleon
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 17
Hi, Sounds like a great night. I was busy on the 21st. That was my audition night. No, I didnt enter. Just seen what was involved. You should of seen me last Friday night. I was cooking.
Neilium
Neilium
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 44
Ah Debbie, gotta love her stuff. I heard one of her n willys on radio national breakfast recently.. I'm goin..

Deborah Conway & Willy Zygier - Stories of Ghosts

Thursday, 4 July 2013

Conway & Zygier explore the breadth of sound that can be extracted from acoustic instruments and vocals. The sound is endlessly inventive within the bounds of real. Their new album "Stories Of Ghosts" is an examination of Old Testament themes, of existential uncertainty in the face of unchanging beliefs and coming to terms with the endless trade off that life is full of - loss leavened with happiness, tragedy with humour and sadness with joy. Building on the acoustic instrumentation of 2010's Half Man Half Woman, Stories Of Ghosts adds layers of wood, strings & air, creating a sound that veers from delicate & melancholy to savage & fierce. "Right from the beginning this talented musical duo, performing together with drummer Tony Floyd and double bass player Shannon Birchall, generate a powerful energy that both leaves the audience breathless and gives them the space to enjoy song-by-song their new album, Half Man Half Woman." Arts Hub review of The Toff In Town, Melbourne "If there was ever an Australian act that could be said to have maintained professional integrity alongside lyrical honesty in the wake of mainstream commercial popularity, Deborah Conway is easily that artist." - Faster Louder review of Tilley's, Canberra
www.deborahconway.com
Neilium
Neilium
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 50
Effie! thurs 23rd may at Lizzies Lambton
I wish I could go but I'm flying to gold coast for blues fest that day... Damn don't miss this one.. take extra dry for the seat... check her out...

http://www.youtube.co...­
Neilium
Neilium
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 106
Thursday 8th Nagasaki day... walk with me talk with me enjoy the little secrets of newcastle. possibly around ten, depends on Madam... I'am eezee peezee
A former member
Post #: 30
10 is sweet :)