So it seems I've managed to turn our sand-volleyball games into indoor dodge ball games. :)
If anyone has previously been to Wallyball at the Northwood Racquet Club, no further explanation is needed.
For those of you who haven't been previously, here's a run down: The game is $7.00 for 2 hours of play. People will pay for the evening at the front desk upon arrival.
DODGE BALL RULES:
- 3-4 players per team (no more, no less).
- 10 minutes time limit per game. The team with the most points when times runs out, wins. In the event of a tie, sudden death match begins. (The 10 minute time limit will be further reviewed and possibly extended).
- Teams will switch court sides after a game.
DODGE BALL OBJECTIVES:
- Eliminate opposing players by hitting them below the neck with a ball.
DODGE BALL GAME PLAY RULES:
- A pre-set number of balls is placed on the center line. Each player starts with one hand on the far back wall. When the game begins each player may rush a ball. There is a 5 second grace period at the start of the game.
- A ball must be thrown within 5 seconds when in a player's hand. The opposing team is responsible for calling out any infractions. Infractions result in the ball being rolled to the opponents side.
- A player is out if:
they throw a ball that is caught by an opponent.
they hit an opponent above the neckline.
they cross the center line.
the ball hits the ground after touching an opponent (below the neckline).
- A ball is considered dead when:
it touches a wall or ceiling first.
is blocked by another ball. (If the blocking player's ball is knocked out of their hands, the blocking player is eliminated.
If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to post them in the public chat. I'll do my best to answer them to the best of my knowledge.