We are editing and writing professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers who meet twice a month to talk about the ins and outs of working with words.
Who Can Join?
This Meetup group is for people who work with words, love what they do, and are lifelong learners and teachers. While many of our discussions will likely focus on entrepreneurship or owning and operating your own business, you don't have to be a full-time freelancer to join. If you're a professional copyeditor, copywriter, developmental editor, author, proofreader, or technical writer/editor, you are one of us!
To rid the world of bad writing! Our goal is to foster a strong, friendly, and helpful community of Northern Colorado writers and editors who can share knowledge, resources, techniques, and leads.
Event Topics & Themes
This Meetup group hosts roundtables twice a month. The roundtable format means that we'll each take a minute or two to introduce ourselves and ask a question of the group. The organizer will write all the questions down, and the group will then address the questions in order.
Here the topics that will likely come up in the roundtables:
• Tools of the trade (Microsoft Word, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
• Tips & tricks
• Developmental editing
• Copywriting for marketing/advertising
• Creative writing
• Marketing for editors & writers
• Running your own business
• Project management
Code of Conduct
In order to stay in line with our mission for this group, we strive to maintain a safe, friendly, and fun environment for our members. We expect all attendees to show respect and courtesy to other members at all times, both online and in person. Online communication (comments and forum threads) must not involve any spamming or advertising.
All communication should be of a professional nature, and harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. Here are some ground rules for our roundtables, classes, and presentations:
1. Be courteous and polite to both the group members and the staff at the Meetup locations.
2. Do not interrupt or talk over a group member who is speaking. Allow them to finish their thought before commenting.
3. Stay on topic; don't bring up tangential items that are unrelated to the current discussion.
4. Do not bring outside food or drink to Meetup locations that serve food. (Water bottles are an exception.) This damages the organizer's relationship with the venue owner and staff.
Anyone who violates this code of conduct will be given two warnings, after which they may be removed from this Meetup group and its related events and/or discussion boards without a refund at any time, and at the sole discretion of the event organizers.
We will start offering classes in late 2016. Classes will cost between $5 and $15, and will be on a wide range of topics that would interest the group.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Friday, December 16, 2016 3:30 PM