Join us for a hoop jam at the park on Sunday! Sorry for the long hiatus folks. This summer was far busier than I expected and the hot weather didn't help much. Anyway, we should have some great weather weekends ahead so lets get back in the groove!
I like this location because it's big, wide, open and flat. The grass doesn't get crazy long. It's fairly sectioned off so if you're a shy hooper, there's not a lot of passing traffic except maybe a couple runners/cyclers on the W&OD Trail and whoever may wander back there. It's where Friday Night Live is usually held.
Hoop House Rules
1) I will bring extra hoops for those in need—please keep in mind they're for borrowing and return them after you're done (though if you like you can buy one off me).
2) All ages are welcome, thus I'll try to keep my playlist clean. If there's a specific song you want played let me know and I'll add it to my playlist.
3) Hoop jams are for practice and socializing. They are not classes. Most hoopers are more than happy to share a tip or two, or get a new hooper started, but use it as time to get to know your hoop and how you move in it, practice moves your working on or just get groovy.
4) If you bring children, please make sure to keep an eye on them (they're welcome to bring their own hoops too, but I'll have a couple of kiddo hoops). It's very easy for little ones to run into an adult's hoop spinning at waist height. For littler ones waist height on an adult is often the height where it could clock them in the head. (I've seen it happen quite a few times.) Big hoopers keep in mind little hoopers may be present.
5) Be kind and courteous to each other, pick up after yourselves, don't litter! The Town of Herndon lets us use their parks for hoop gatherings for no cost and we don't even need a permit, so let's never give them a reason to have to consider it.
*IMPORTANT: If it's raining or has rained a lot recently the jams may be canceled due to squishy, muddy grass. Check back here or on Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/tillywhirls ) the day of the jam if the weather looks iffy.
Also, if you plan on coming but may be coming later, let me know just in case. I usually wait about 30-45 minutes to see if people are coming and so far hoopers have always come, but I want to make sure I don't think, "Well no one is showing up," and leave. You can send me a text at[masked] or leave a message on the event here!