addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DMV Bar Trivia Players Message Board › $200 and counting . . .

$200 and counting . . .

Adrienne
AdrienneJ
Arlington, VA
Hi all-

I wanted a subject line that would grab your attention- I figured mentioning money would be appealing, right? So far our 13 trivia meetups have probably garnered a few hundred dollars in gift certificates, which we use for appetizers for the group at subsequent meetups. So basically as long as we keep winning, our meetups will continue. Last time at P. Brennan's one of our teams came in first and won $30. Last week at Alley Cat our table came in first and won $15 (times are tough for all)- thanks to all who came out and played!

But it's not just the meetups we schedule as organizers that have been fun- the ones that were suggested by members have gotten a lot of good reviews. Please feel free to schedule meetups at trivia nights near you, and I'm sure there will be members who will want to join. We definitely welcome the participation of others in scheduling meetups- please don't hesitate to host one.

If you're looking for a new bar in the area, check out the lists I've started on the discussion board- I'm trying to compile names of bars in the NoVa area that host trivia nights and expand our repertoire.

Have a good weekend!

Adrienne
Sheryl D.
user 39791382
Sterling, VA
Post #: 1
Hello everyone,
I am relatively new to the area, but I love TRIVIA! I want to share a couple of places that I have found that give away some very very nice prizes!!! Rhodeside Grill in Arlington has a show on Thursday nites, and they give away $50 house cash, Volocity 5 in Lansdowne has a show on Mondays and the first prize is $50. Rosecraft Raceway in Maryland, this is my best kept secret, gives away $100 cash for 1st place, $50 cash for 2nd place!!!! Fun and cash!!!! I love that you are trying to build a jackpot for the group!!! I will let you know when I find some other places that give away the BIG monies.