This is the Second session of a course. You will then be offered the opportunity of joining one of the scheduled walks for free to consolidate what you have learned alongside more experience Nordic Walkers.
This course is for those new to Nordic Walking or who have done a little in the past and need a refresher. What you will learn:
• the benefits of Nordic walking
• kit - what you should wear (shoes/boots, base layer, mid-layer, shell, gloves etc
• Nordic poles - types, sizing, where to buy them
• how to warm up and cool down effectively
• basic technique - how to use the poles correctly to get the most out of Nordic Walking
• walking on the flat, uphill and downhill
• double poling (what's that!!!)
By the end of the 2 sessions you will be a competent Nordic Walker being able to use the basic technique correctly and you will receive a certificate to recognise your achievement.
Looking forward to walking with you!!!