We are a local group with members who have joined independently of Meetup. There are always four to five regulars, along with folks who wander through our doors via Meetup. We are a dynamic group who encourage growth and professionalism. If this sounds like your cup of tea, we'd love to meet you.
And speaking of tea, I will have coffee, tea, and a snack. If anyone would like to contribute, please feel free to do so—a different beverage, etc. Wine is fine.
What you will need:
Because I am expecting a fairly large group, we will have to keep our readings short. I’d like to give everyone a chance to read and receive feedback from the group. If you have never been in a writer’s group before, no worries—we’ll help you learn the process.
Please bring no more than five (5) pages of writing. You will need approximately 10 copies. As we move forward, everyone will have the opportunity to read longer pieces. You may use two-sided printing, though for any other professional submission, this would not be acceptable. The professional format for your writing is as follows:
· Use 1-inch margins on all sides.
· Double spaced with no extra lines between paragraphs.
· Use a single character space only, not two between sentences.
· In MS Word under ‘Paragraphs’ set text for double spaced with 0 pt before and after. Set indentation for 0 left and right, and under ‘Special’ select ‘First Line’ for 0.05.
· Justified left, thus the right-hand lines will be uneven.
· Black Ink
· Use a serif typeface (font), 12pt. Times New Roman or Courier.
Any questions, message me!