Myself and Taryn created this group for those of us in our 20's/30's living/working on the north shore to socialise and expand their social networks.
We are a non-profit group, and occasionally may require deposits for certain events, when this happens we will advise you in the first instance.
Due to the fact that we are both working and have to put time aside and pay to run this group we have set up the following rules for membership:
1. We are generally a non-dating group. This was established so that our members feel that they are able to meet new people and make friends without pressure. However we will not ban members should they start dating as long as both parties are consenting.
2. Feedback/ideas: All member's feedback and ideas are welcome! To make it easy, we will provide a suggestion box at the monthly birthday drinks/welcoming newbies if you would like to provide any ideas/feedback you may have.
3. Inactivity/no shows: We continue to monitor member activity - if you do not RSVP to any of our meetups within six months, you will be removed.
If a member RSVP's "yes" to an event and does not show, or cancels at the last minute without a good excuse they will receive a strike. There are three strikes in place, if a member fails to show up three times despite having RSVPD yes, they will be removed from the group.
4. No aggressive behaviour - should anyone act aggressively within the online group or at a meetup event, the member involved will be removed and banned from the group.
If you have any questions or would like further information then please email Sarah through meetup.
ACTIVITIES: - We now have a regular netball group set up via our lovely co-organiser Michelle
- We currently have a fortnightly pub quiz team/teams going on a Tuesday
- Aside from that we run monthly brunches, dinners and drinks
- We aim to schedule as many random, fun activities as possible (bowling, mini-golf etc etc)
We look forward to meeting you soon at one of our meetups!