http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/c/2/6/2/event_236089762.jpegLet's explore Cleveland's newest metropark, Acacia Reservation, which was formerly a golf course.
It will be quite a departure from the usual hikes we have, as the trails are all paved (but we can always hike along in the grass.) - and believe it or not, there are a couple of hills! Also many good-sized trees, ponds, and lots of birds and chipmunks. I even saw a sign about coyotes in the area!
Meet near the parking lot. We'll probably hike for 45 minutes to an hour. Those who are in the mood can then cross the street to Legacy Village--either by foot or cars--and walk some more. . . to choose a place for food. http://img2.meetupstatic.com/981263258369601089/img/smileys/smile.gif
As an added treat, the band Light of Two Moons will be at Legacy to entertain us with some acoustic rock!
The entrance to Acacia Reservation is directly across Cedar Road from Cleveland Clinic and Beachwood Place, at a traffic light.
DIRECTIONS VIA I-271:
From the north, exit at Brainard Rd./Cedar Rd.
• turn left (south) on Brainard Rd. and cross over I-271
• turn right (west) on Cedar Rd. west/Beachwood and cross over I-271 again
• continue west on Cedar Rd. to Acacia Reservation, on the right.
From the south, exit at Brainard Rd./Cedar Rd.
• keep to the right at the fork and follow signs for Cedar Rd. west/Beachwood
• merge onto Cedar Rd. and continue west to Acacia Reservation, on the right.