address provided when you register, Brinnon, WA
I have created this lomilomi immersion program to share with others some of the profound learning I've experienced with my own special teachers over the past six decades. My growth in immersive settings has consistently been transformative, amazing, and generally joyful for me. I offer this lomilomi immersion program with intent to create an environment which fosters transformative and joyful experiences for others.
2017 theme: "developing our gifts and gratitude."
• Spend about 6 hours/day learning lomilomi bodywork - We will learn: (1) full body protocol and (2) supplemental techniques including breast/chest massage, abdominal visceral massage, specific work on the pelvis, chair and floor massage
• Reflect on gifts we've received from the lineage of our families of origin and from our chosen families, as well as the gifts we've developed on our own, and the gifts we will pass to our descendants
• Identify gifts we would like to manifest in our lives
• Increase our gratitude
• Take a field trip: visit a special location on the Olympic Peninsula.
• Learn Hawaiian healing meditations, chants & songs
• Learn a hula dance
• Create various Hawaiian crafts
• Experience introduction to ho’oponopono, the art of aligning with the highest good for all, with body, mind & spirit
• Participate in body awareness exercises: feel and move your body every day with increased awareness and joy
• Experience daily personal cleansing ceremony
• Connect with a deeper sense of our own inner goodness within community
• Live communally with 7-9 people, including cooking together
• Rest, release, repair, and restore our bodies, minds and Spirit
• Have fun!!
• Earn 50-55 massage continuing education credits. Most of these credits will be NCBTMB approved.
GOODWILL FULL TUITION SCHOLARSHIP
One full tuition scholarship, worth $1300, will be awarded for this Lomilomi Immersion to an applicant who contributes to community using manual healing arts.
• Scholarship application deadline is December 1, 2016.
• Scholarship winner will be chosen by Dec 3, 2016.
• Scholarship runners up will be offered smaller scholarships. The number of runners up scholarships I award depends on the number of applications I receive for this scholarship. In previous years an average of 12 folks have applied for this scholarship each year, and I have offered runners up scholarships to many applicants.
To apply for the scholarship, please send an email to me at [masked] which includes:
1. Your name, your address and phone number
2. State your intention to apply for the 2017 Lehua Goodwill Scholarship.
3. A thoughtful one paragraph introduction of yourself
4. An explanation of why you wish to participate in this program in 150 words or less
5. A description of contributions you have made to community and/or how might you "pay forward" the scholarship support once you have acquired the training
6. Optional supplemental material of your own choosing
7. Your website address, if you have a website
8. Tell me how you learned of this scholarship opportunity
• The full scholarship is for the tuition portion of the cost of the immersion. The recipient will pay $700 for room & board.
• A $500 nonrefundable deposit will be due by Dec 6 to confirm your acceptance of the scholarship and the $200 balance will be due by February 16, 2017.
To learn more about this immersion, visit: http://www.lomilomi-massage.org/lomilomi-immersion.html