What we're about
Hello! Welcome to Norwich Regular Public Speakers. We are dedicated to help you overcome your fear of public speaking. This group is for:
- anyone with a fear of public speaking
- those with social anxiety
- anyone who want to improve their public speaking skills
- people who want increase their self confidence
- those who are looking for regular practice sessions (weekly 2 hour sessions)
- anyone with speech difficulties
- everybody whose best area of expertise is not speaking in public!
We are a not for profit organization aiming to help people overcome their public speaking fears. This group is new and we will soon be starting sessions. So, please sign up to show that you are interested. Components of an usual session:
* Impromptu speeches
* Small presentations (5 minute long)
* Activities to help overcome fear
... No one will be forced to participate... There will be a strictly supportive and welcoming environment...
You can't improve a great deal by listening to speeches or attending one day crash courses, just like you can't learn to swim online. You will get time to face your fears on a regular basis. It has been shown that public speaking significantly improves one's confidence. It could also help with anxiety, depression and one's general well-being. Charge for a session : £5-10 per person (to cover the cost of venue and to pay the trainer)