Another time for one of my walkies, I am trying to alternate walks between Nottinghamshire and the Peak District, so this time round its Notts.
Plan is to meet by Huthwaite (East of Sutton in Ashfield) - Brierly Forest Park in the visitors centre car park
Places intend to fit in on the walk are:
- Brierly Forest Park
- Stanley Village (great name for a village)
- Hardwick Hall (Lunch location)
- Hardwick Park Estate (including Lady Spencers Walk and the Sculpture Trail)
- If possible may also add the highest point in Nottinghamshire with its viewpoint and statue to the walk
UPDATED FULL DETAILS:
Route Distance - 7.59 miles (12.22 Km's)
Elevation Range -[masked] ft (109m) at the lowest point
654.53 ft [masked]m) at highest point
Start Time: 10.30 am
Finish Time: 3.00 pm ETA (including lunch break)
1.7 km's Road
2.1 km's Track
8.4 km's Footpaths
The route does have some slopes and gradual hills and equally down hills and flat sections too but is considered as a fairly easy route to undertake - suitable for all (within reason)
There is an additional opportunity to add a further 600 metres if anyone wants to view Hardwick Hall from its front Elevation
And now the rules of engagement:
As always make sure you are prepared for this walk.
You will need:
• Walking boots - as being Winter (but nearly Spring) the ground could be wet and slippery in places.
• Warm clothes, Layers are good, (Jeans aren’t recommended as if they get wet they become heavy, lightweight breathable trousers are better).
• Waterproofs are essential,
• Snacks, Sweets etc.
• Adequate water or soft drinks
• Hats and gloves are always useful and worth packing in the cooler months,
The route is a well-trodden path an average fitness level would be helpful and a sense of humour is essential,
PLEASE BRING A PACKED LUNCH - we will stop along the route for Lunch, I shall try to arrange it to be near a shop but can’t confirm this as depends on pace and timings. So please be self-sufficient for food and the day.
Once we return to the pub car park at the end of the walk, I think a refreshing drink to round the day and walk off would be appreciated, I certainly would like to sample any refreshments.