addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube
Holger
user 101039402
Group Organizer
Dana Point, CA
Post #: 1
Hi everybody,

I joined MeetUp and this group 2 days ago. I am very excited to meet people which also produce electronic music.

Sad to read, that the organizer stepped down. Is there anybody who is stepping in?

-Holger
Gary C.
gunkadoodah
New York, NY
I too am very bummed that this group is going away. Really wanted to meet other producers too. Might I propose that those of us interested in keeping the group going get together to discuss who can be organizer? There's a really nice homegrown house music gathering every Tuesday night called FOCUS. Starts at 10pm or so at Tapas Restaurant in Costa Mesa, perhaps we can hang out there and decide? My number is 510-673-0739 in case it's easier that way.

-Gary
Gary C.
gunkadoodah
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Hey guys, I spoke with Holgar yesterday. Here's the plan to save the group. Those of you still interested in keeping this group going, let us get together for dinner next Tuesday night at Tapas Restaurant and Nightclub in Newport Beach at 7:30pm. Important things I'd like to cover are:
- Who is everyone?
- Where are you with your production?
- How can others help? How can you help?
- What are possible places to hold gatherings to exchange ideas and collaborate?

I think there is a great need to have a group like this in the OC. The closest Meetup group to this is the OC's EDM House / Young Professionals group, but it isn't geared toward producers. Everything else is in LA afaik.

If you're coming, reply to this discussion or hit me up at 510-673-0739. It'll be nice just to check out Tapas and if you'd like, stick around for FOCUS and enjoy some nice locally grown house beats by Josh Billings and company.

-Gary
@TerryPham
terrypham
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 4
Guys/gals, I felt the need to keep this group alive so I "saved" it from dieing. More importantly though, with my schedule sometimes not consistent, I'd really appreciate a couple other members being co-organizers for the time being. Message me back or respond here if you'd like to do so and let's talk.

Thanks,
Terry
Holger
user 101039402
Group Organizer
Dana Point, CA
Post #: 2
Hey Terry, thank you for saving this Group. Gary and I met Gary today at Tapas and we were actually the only ones there. I guess because we were not able to write it in the calendar. I would suggest that you call Gary so the next meeting can be planned. It will be probably on a Tuesday at Tapas, which should always work for me. When the meeting is set, please stick it in the calendar, so everybody can be notified. Thank you again for keeping this group alive. I know it is not cheap. For how long will the group be save?
JamesCalvin
JamesCalvin
Houston, TX
Post #: 17
Guys/gals, I felt the need to keep this group alive so I "saved" it from dieing. More importantly though, with my schedule sometimes not consistent, I'd really appreciate a couple other members being co-organizers for the time being. Message me back or respond here if you'd like to do so and let's talk.

Thanks,
Terry
Hey Terry that's awesome that you're keeping this group going. There are a bunch of great producers, musicians and other individuals here. My time has just gotten so limited with work, family, and a new little one on the way made it impossible for me to be proactive, so I'm glad you're stepping up.
@TerryPham
terrypham
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 5
Holger, it's cool... the group will run until I stop paying meetup or I leave. I also run another group RaveMeetup Socal so the fee I pay should apply to any group I'm organizer of--well I hope!

As far as future meetings, since you and Gary seem to be the most active thus far, I went ahead and made you guys event organizers. You guys now have full access to create an event so have at it. Weekdays are usually not great for me since I'm working from near downtown so it'll be a drive to the OC. That said, I'll do my best to make events you guys come up with. If I see that our group is not active, then I'll relinquish my "organizer" role as James did.

James, thank YOU for starting the group. Without your initiative, we wouldn't be talking right now so I appreciate your efforts. I hope you'll find time one day and make it out so we can hang out. Until then, I wish you the very best with your family.

In case you guys need, my person email is terrypham@gmail.com

T
Gary C.
gunkadoodah
New York, NY
Post #: 3
Hey Terry,

Thank you very much for saving the group and really just for taking the initiative! I was hoping to get a few more people here in OC who would participate in order to justify this group. Hopefully they'll come back around. So THAT's where I recognized your face from! I'm part of the RaveMeetup group too. Let's definitely hang out and chat on what you're into as well. I go up to LA quite a bit because all the happenings seem to be there. Hit me up at 510-673-0739 or gunkadoodah@gmail.com, we can chat a bit or let me know what's the next event you'll be at, and I'll try my best to swing on by.

And James, I echo the appreciation for starting the group. If you're reading this, DEFINITELY give me a call. Just want to tap your brain on your experiences with the group and any advice you might have.

Cheers!
Gary
Breesa
user 45621392
Newport Beach, CA
Glad to see a familiar face step in! Hi Terry :) James is a good friend of mine, and I met you when I DJed at Exchange through your other group's meetup. Small world!

I actually went to this group's first meetup. I'm still a beginner on Ableton, so I was excited to gain some knowledge and insight from other producers and maybe share tracks and get some feedback. I discovered however, that most members who showed up did not have any producing knowledge yet, and were looking to get their start with the group. That's totally fine of course, but I think it will help the group grow as a whole if everyone comes in with their laptop and some DAW software ready to go!

I think it would also help if we all tried to interact with each other through this thread, and post helpful tutorials that we come across so we can all benefit, and have some sort of starting ground to work with when we actually meet. I'm going to post a few links below that have helped me, and hopefully some members can take something from them. Looking forward to the next meetup!

www.sonicacademy.com­
https://www.facebook....
http://www.youtube.co...­
http://www.youtube.co...­
Gary C.
gunkadoodah
New York, NY
Post #: 4
Luna, it's great to see there's another interested person here! I've been working with Ableton since January, and I've been learning a ton on it. Just added you on FB, I definitely encourage everyone to get on the Ableton Live LA Facebook group, they're really friendly people both online and in person.

I'm trying to reach the manager of Tapas Restaurant to see if we can arrange a dinner+jam session kind of deal on Tuesday nights. They have several rooms there and plenty of audio equipment. Hope it works out, and you'll see an event posted here soon.