addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Orange County Electronic Music Producers Message Board Announcements, Suggestions, Organization › Big Changes in the OC EMP Organization

Big Changes in the OC EMP Organization

Holger
user 101039402
Group Organizer
Dana Point, CA
Hello Producers!

The Orange County Electronic Music Producers (OC EMP) meetup group has been continuously growing and changing over the last four years. Today, we count over 570 members on our Meetup.com page and we keep on attracting producers of all skill levels from Orange County and beyond.

We are officially a non-profit Organization!

I am proud to announce, that we successfully incorporated a non-profit organization with tax-exempt status to maintain and grow our group. For this, we chose to officially operate under the name

Electronic Music Producers Association, Inc.

The new name Electronic Music Producers Association, Inc. (or EMPA for short) and legal entity will enable us to extend our reach beyond Orange County. It will also allow us to approach sponsors and process donations more professionally. So we are in a great position to extend our free public services further.

Over the next few weeks we will gradually make changes to our group page in order to match the new branding.

Ways you can help the group:

1. Donate

Incorporating the group was a huge step we had to take to get our group to the next level. Filling out the legal forms was challenging and the filing fees together with the newly registered domains were a little more than the savings of the group. I personally lent the group some of my own money to cover these costs. This way the group’s new bank account didn’t go into the negative on day one.

We are very transparent with the way we handle our finances and members can request to have a look anytime.

We will have some expenses coming up, soon. For instance the meetup.com fee of $89 (if they don’t rise it again), which will be due in December. So I am using this opportunity to ask every member to help out by donating to our group. You can do this by dropping cash into our donation jar at our meetups, or by using a credit card or PayPal online. You can find a donation button on our meetup.com page. Also, here is a shortcut link which forwards to the same page:

donate.empassociation.org­

2. Volunteer as a speaker

We are always looking for individuals, who want to share their knowledge with the group as a speaker in a classroom setting or by helping individuals directly at our collaboration sessions.

3. Come up with great topics

If you have new ideas for interesting topics, please let us know!

4. Talk to sponsors

You also can help us find and approach sponsors. It will be much easier now, since donations to our non-profit organization are tax deductible. Please do not approach sponsors on your own without talking to me or Bob, first.

The organizing team and the group highly appreciates your help. - Thank you!

Regards

-Holger
EMPA President and OC EMP Organizer