This group is for anyone who is interested in any geek topic: sci-fi/fantsy, anime, comics, manga, gaming, movies, etc?
The purpose of this group is to meet people in person who share our interests and our reasons for enjoying it. It's a social gathering over dinner at a restaurant.
Prior to requesting to join, please read the Membership Rules below or on the "About" tab. If you choose to join our group, please answer all the questions asked in the profile section. Empty profile submissions will be declined.
Soliciting or proselytizing on the behalf of a business, political organization or individual, any religious groups and/or personal interests without the express, formal permission from the Orange County Geekdom Meetup Organizer (MistressPrime) is not acceptable. Disruptive or disorderly conduct is grounds for immediate dismissal from the group.
The use of photographic or video/audio recording devices of any kind is strictly prohibited without prior express permission from the Orange County Geekdom Meetup Organizer (MistressPrime) and all participants.
RULES FOR MEMBERSHIP:
1. All members are expected to RSVP with a Yes or No to each of the Meetup events. Our regular Monthly Meetup events are at 7pm on the 3rd Monday each month. Mark your calendar! Locations may vary
2. Participation is expected. All members are expected to RSVP to the monthly Meetups and make a genuine effort to attend.
3. Members will ensure that their RSVP is current by checking the event listing. If you are currently a No but can attend, please change your RSVP to Yes. If you are a Yes, but are not able to attend, please change your RSVP to a No. These changes should occur by 1 hour before the Meetup, if possible.
4. If you are listed as a YES, but discover you are unable to attend at the last minute (less than 1 hour prior to Meetup), please drop me a private email (up to 24 hours after the Meetup) to ensure you are not listed as a No Show. Members are allowed a maximum of 3 No Shows before being removed for no attendance.
However, if you are listed as a No or have not RSVPed at all and show up, we may have you entertain us to pay the piper by singing a song, or do a dance, or a card trick, or quiz you on your geek knowledge, or have a staring contest or... I think you get the point. In other words, please remember to RSVP.
5. All suggestions for events should be sent to MistressPrime directly.
6. Members are prohibited from posting personal contact info in their profiles, message board, or in RSVP/comments for event listings. For direct contact with specific members please use the email option provided by Meetup.com on member profiles.
7. For the safety of all, members will not post or promote the location of the Meetup event on any comment, RSVP comment, or any other website. Instead, we ask that you promote the event and direct people to our main Meetup group website rather than the event listing as it will not be viewable to non-members. https://www.meetup.com/OC-Geekdom
8. All members will be respectful to this group, the members, and its rules of conduct.
9. If indeed you have read all these rules and agree to abide by them, please reply with a "Yes I have. Yes I will. [TODAY'S DATE]" - (EXAMPLE: Yes I have. Yes I will. May 13, 2012) on your profile where it asks if you have read and agree to abide by our rules.
Should a member fail to meet these requirements they will be removed from this group.