• Learning new skills to improve the friendships you have?
• Meeting women who share your desire for healthy friendships?
• Making real connections with women who are also looking for the same?
We are looking for:
• Women of all ages (21 to 101), in all stages of life who are seeking to find, create and build friendships.
• Women who want to improve their friendship skills.
• Women who are willing to be responsible for their behaviors and be respectful of others.
Who we are:
Our group was founded in August 2014. We are a Women's Friendship group based on the concepts and principles in 2 books by Shasta Nelson.
In "Friendships Don't Just Happen" we learn about the 5 Types or Circles of Friendships that we have in our lives and how to strengthen those circles so that we have friends in all areas of our life.
In "Frientimacy" we learn that there are 3 requirements to every friendship: Consistency, Positivity and Vulnerability. The book goes into depth about each of these, how to develop them, and how to know which might be missing in your friendships.
We use these teachings by requiring consistency and commitment from our members. You can't get to know people deep enough to develop and strengthen your friendship if you don't see them regularly. Statistics tell us that it takes 7 interactions with one person to really start building friendship. We keep our group numbers small, less than 50, to help improve the chances that you'll see the same people over and over again.
We are NOT just about the fun events or finding someone to do something with you. We are very focused on our connections and for this reason there is always a time for connecting at every event. This is the crucial component of our activities. I understand that finding events you enjoy is important and we all LOVE to do fun stuff while creating memories and strengthening our bond but if the fun event is all you're looking for we aren't the right fit for you, there are LOTS of other Meetups for that.
We are open, warm and friendly.
My Southern upbringing tends to shine through and I will go out of my way to make you feel welcome and included as will the rest of the group members.
What we’re offering:
• Interesting and fun events from low-key local OC to adventures around SoCal.
Oscar Night Viewing Party Slumber Parties Afternoon Tea Museum visits
Scavenger Hunts Movies Restaurant Hopping Wine Tastings
Day-trips with carpooling Girlfriend Getaways Dancing & Concerts Theater
• Events in evenings, daytime, weekday, weeknights, and weekends.
• Pre-set monthly events:
• Girlfriends Lunch on the first Thursday
• Girl's Night Out on the second Friday
• a Birthday Celebration event on the third Saturday for all the birthday ladies for that month
• Brunch & Fun day on the fourth Sunday
• We also have other events thrown in at various times, usually on the weekends but the occasional weeknight or weekday does sometimes happen too.
• Meaningful discussions and practical applications of great books/blogs on friendship including "Friendships Don’t Just Happen" by Shasta Nelson.
• A welcoming, compassionate, and drama-free place for meeting new ladies and making genuine friendships.
• The $25 membership dues are collected annually. All new members receive a 30-day free trial before their dues is collected. Dues are not pro-rated and are non-refundable.
• We try to keep our membership roster up-to-date and current. As you can tell, we are not about the number of members but more about active, involved and committed members. If you are not actively pursuing attendance at events, you may be removed.
• Please keep lines of communication with the organizer(s) open and timely. Please make sure the organizer(s) know the best method of reaching you.
• If payment is required for an event, the member is responsible for any fees that may be associated with making online payments and unless stated otherwise, are non-refundable.
• No marketing or self-promoting of professional services of any kind