addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SoCal Poly Friends Message Board › PolyActivist Presenters Needed for Polamory Conference: Berkeley, FEB 15-17

PolyActivist Presenters Needed for Polamory Conference: Berkeley, FEB 15-17

A former member
Post #: 522
I'm posting this email here manually since it Meetup.com didn't automatically list this:

Date: Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Subject: [OC-Polyamory] PolyActivist Presenters Needed for Polamory Conference: Berkeley, FEB 15-17
To: OC-Polyamory-announce@meetup.com

POLYACTIVIST PRESENTERS wanted for International Academic Polyamory Conference.

This is an announcment about specific section of the International Academic Polyamory Conference, which will happen Feb 15-17, 2013, in Berkeley, California.

This is a NORTHERN California event, and it is highly specialized thing that will not be of general interest, but if DOES sound like your cup of tea, please do contact ASAP.

The entire Sunday session (FEB 17) will be devoted to presentation and discussion of subjects related to POLITICAL issues and matters related to poly-activism. Where is the "polyamory movement" now? What can be done to advance the cause of polyamory? What obstacles do we face? How can we overcome them?

The general format will be for a presenter to give a presentation of some relevant topic (about 20 minutes), followed a general group discussion period about that specific topic. After this, another presentation will be made on another topic, followed by another discussion focused on that specific topic, etc.

We are looking ONLY for presentations specifically related to the political and social movement aspects of polyamory and other types of consensual nonmonogamy. We are NOT interested in dogmatic pontifications of personal opinion, utopian self-indulgent head trips, unfocused whining about how unfair the world is, (especially to you personally), nor presentations about "what polyamory means to me." However, anything genuinely relevant to the matter of polyactivism or polyamory as a social movement will be considered.

At the end of the day, those who have managed to survive will attempt to discuss and synthesize all of what has been presented and discussed, try to determine whether we have learned anything or not, and see if any of it is useful in guiding us about how the polyamory movement can go forward. What kind of actions and activation are called for? What are the next steps? Where do we go from here?

Despite some technical problems, we now have restored the website for the event. We've had to rebuild it. The process is still not complete, but this one is now at least up and functional. Please use this link, and not any others:

https://sites.google....­

At this point, the majority of the presenters slots are spoken for, but I could still use some more. Short presentations (20 minutes) will be preferred to longer presentations.

If you have a proposal for something you'd like to present, please send it along ASAP. I'd like start finalizing the schedule of presentations by Dec 15.

We plan to keep the cost as low as possible. (Currently $69 for general participants, and a $18 student rate, but the price will go up again on Dec 5.

Anyone interested in participating in this event is encouraged to contact me:

[Post here ideally, else email :] dr..al@yahoo.com

https://sites.google....­

--
This message was sent by ­Dave Doleshal (dr..al@yahoo.com) from Since 2010, Orange County's Largest Polyamory Community.
To learn more about Dave Doleshal, visit his/her ­member profile

Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 | support@meetup.com

A former member
Post #: 523
Right after seeing this email, I emailed back
Date: Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 10:51 PM
To: Dave Doleshal <dr..al@yahoo.com>

Sounds cool, Dave! In response, for this, I'm now working on creating a proper, full-featured http://Meetup.com/OC-...­ event listing for you to further customize plus duplicate on other Meetup groups. Will email you when done.
Ok, here it is: See the listing of this conference on this group! ; note also my event comment, especially for Dave but not just, about the listing's formatting.

Relevant to Dave's original question, note I also now RSVPed
I'm a MAYBE at this point, but thinking about possibly presenting on say (Romance-Friends esp vs. Polyamory http://1.JotHere.com/...­ )

A former member
Post #: 527
MEKQFD: Dave, in the 1st post here, regarding your including your private contacts (your email address), please see & kindly reply to this post, being sure to see the post & thread before it. Thanks!