addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 631
The key results of what we found (at Bill & my visit, last post) I've just posted at comment http://www.meetup.com...­ of that community event happening there today 6pm.
Bill Z.
user 22447461
Orange, CA
Post #: 22
I think you need to be more careful with those posts. I know you want the discussion in public, but it comes across as whining when you say "we can't get a room there, how come you can?!" You phrased it better, but I still think it comes down on the whining side of the line. I might suggest you send a private (yup) message to the organizer asking how he finds his presenters, and/or to Brad Green on how he found OCPHP and how he's allowed to use a room at Google.

My guess is quite simply: The presenter is an employee at Google and the manager of AngularJS. It probably wasn't hard for him to get a room for *this* presentation, but he probably can't do it for regular OCPHP meetings. Note they still have the heavy security -- exactly what we were facing. And they also have some relatively big sponsers -- SendGrid and LegalMatch.

And LegalMatch sounds like a dating site for lawyers.