addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

OC Backpackers Message Board GREAT TIPS AND LESSONS LEARNED FORUM › OCB Plead For New Trips!

OCB Plead For New Trips!

Phil
Drag-n
Hampton, VA
Greetings everyone!  I hope everyone is having a great summer so far!
I need your help!  Summer is here and it's time to get into the woods!  The cold is gone and there are no more excuses!
We have now hundreds who 'love the outdoors', but they need more variety of trips to go on.
I'm asking for people to come forward and plan some new trips.  It is ok to schedule multiple trips for the same weekend.
Scheduling a trip is EASY!  A very easy method is to go to hikingupward.com or midatlantichikes.com, chose a trip, copy, then paste the information you choose.
Another easy way is to scroll though our past trips and just duplicate that!
This is the time for light packs, beautiful ridges, swimming creeks, and campfires....so we need more trips!!
You can plan a fast hike, a long hike, a slow walk hike (like mine ;-)), a creek hike, a fishing hike, heck, you can even plan a canoe trip, like we did on the South Fork of the Shenandoah River summer before last, a kayak trip, etc., etc., etc..
Unfortunately, I can't plan and go on every single trip,  so ....help me out!
See you on the trail!
Phil, aka Dragon (as in 'would like to drag my pack')
A former member
Post #: 17
False Cape kayaking and camping would be great, or even riding mountain bikes down to the camping area and then hiking from there. Problem is, it is the buggiest place on planet earth from now until frost.